In The News
|Overall: 76.9% complete|
- WP:Latin Music founder Erick, announced his plans for converting the task force into a WikiProject. If we all reach the goal, 50 GAs and 5 FAs, WP:Latin music may become its own WikiProject; with the help of its members. Currently, we have 2 FA articles and 38 GA articles. (Figures for our goal can be found atop of this section)
- WP:Latin music member AJona1992 announced a collaboration effort with all fellow members of WP:Latin music to participate in expanding and promoting the article Latin music to FA status.
Recently Promoted Articles
- Congratulations to Hahc21 whose article Poquita Ropa, an album by Ricardo Arjona, achieve GA status on 4 July 2012.
- Congratulations to AJona1992 who achieve six GA articles within a two-week period ("No Debes Jugar", "La Llamada", "Missing My Baby", "El Chico del Apartamento 512", "No Me Queda Más", and Selena).
- Congratulations to Basilisk4u whose article Residente o Visitante, an album by Calle 13, achieve GA status on 27 June 2012.
In The Future...
WP:Latin music continues to grow with new members each month, thanks in no short part to founder Erick; whose WikiProject goal-proposal is sure to be WP:Latin music's next big milestone. For newcomers, JudithJunkers, DivaKnockouts, Ozkithar Salas, and Isinbill, here's a big thank you for your contributions in improving the task force from all us members. Staying on topic, DivaKnockouts is currently planning on nominating Drama Queen at GAN, which recently finished its PR run. Hahc21's nominated 4 Ricardo Arjona-related articles: 5to Piso (GAN), Quién Dijo Ayer (GAN), Independiente (GAN), and the singers' discography which is currently in a favorable state for promotion to FL status. AJona1992 has also nominated 4 articles; pertaining to Selena. These include, Amor Prohibido (GAN), Entre a Mi Mundo (GAN), "I Could Fall in Love" (GAN), and "Missing My Baby", the latter at PR for FAC-potential. If AJona1992, successfully achieves a GA with Amor Prohibido-it and its singles will be eligible at good topic, becoming the first for the task force.
I would also like to point out that this is the first official WP:Latin music newsletter, and if it becomes popular among its members, it can continue on as a monthly treat. In other future news, many members are taking to their sandboxes, digging up our stubs and transforming them into GAN and FAC-potential articles. As a side note, if you stumble upon a user whose contributions are pertaining to Latin music, please do not hesitate in inviting them to our growing list of members. Also continue on nominating more Latin music-related articles at GAN, FAC, and FLCs among others, so we can reach our goal. We are also accepting editors who are willing to volunteer and give their time in writing more monthly newsletters in our various sections. Please contact us on this talk page for more details.
- "Ai se eu te pego!" by Michel Teló continued its dominance on the chart for the month of June, starting on 12 May 2012 until its second-end run on 23 June 2012. This was succeeded by Gocho's single "Si Te Digo La Verdad" which took the number one slot for one week until Wisin & Yandel collaboration with Jennifer Lopez "Follow The Leader" claimed the number one spot for two consecutive weeks (7 and the 14th of July 2012).
- Michel Teló's single "Ai se eu te pego!" and Juan Magan's collaboration with Pitbull and El Cata "Bailando Por El Mundo" fought for the first slot in June, with two weeks a piece at number one. However, this was ended with Don Omar's single "Hasta Que Salga El Sol" taking the first spot for two consecutive weeks.
- La Arrolladora Banda El Limón's single "Llamada De Mi Ex" peaked at number one on the week of 2 June 2012 for three consecutive weeks, until Espinoza Paz's single "Un Hombre Normal" claimed the spot on the week of 23 June 2012 for two consecutive weeks. However, La Arrolladora Banda El Limón reclaim the number one spot the following week for two more consecutive weeks.
- Hector Acosta claimed the number one spot with his single "Tu Veneno", this was overthrown by Elvis Crespo featuring Ilegales on the song "Yo No Soy Un Monstruo". The song was overtaken by Prince Royce's single "Incondicional". The next number one single came from Victor Manuelle featuring Voltio & Jowell & Randy on the single "Ella Lo Que Quiere Es Salsa". However, Gocho's single "Si Te Digo La Verdad" overtook it and claimed the number one spot for two consecutive weeks. Romeo Santos' single "La Diabla" took the first slot for the second week of July.