Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
The Language Police
Oh, the humanity!
Advertise your business here!
ATinySliver (styled as ATS) almost gives a fuck whether he's relevant.[a]
About the editor
I'm a marketer and producer, though I use the latter term somewhat modestly—my employer creates home study courses, and I "produce" them basically by slapping together the lectures with a few graphics. Once upon a time, I was a journalist; that ended following a nasty argument with a headline writer and our editor.[b] (I should thank them, really; I got out before literally anything attached to a Kardashian became news. And I mean "literally" literally.)
I've chosen to list my contributions, including articles that have been recognized for their quality.[c] I am proud of this, certainly, and it is aggrandizement to a point; my hope, though, is to show anyone interested that I am serious about my involvement here, however limited. That said, I'm human, and I make mistakes—you are welcome, if not encouraged, to call me on them. Fair warning, though: my level of civility may be directly proportional to yours.
Our thanks to everyone who provided free images for use in several of these articles.[d] Wikipedia is so much the better for it.
The Barnstar of
The Special Barnstar[f]
The Civility Barnstar[g]
The Original Barnstar[h]
The Original Barnstar[i]
The Detective Barnstar[j]
- This statement is only slightly less ludicrous now that I've tamed the seeming shrine to myself ...
- I know some peers have been through this: comparatively small newspaper not far from Los Angeles hires someone to make headlines more "sexy" to sell more copies. This "writer" tops one of my pieces with something outlandish. I complain, and am promptly reminded that we're all staff writers and no one gets by-lines and it was never "my" piece. Was it irony or a natural progression that I would become a marketer?
- In each case, I believe it is (at least) primarily my work that led to the article's recognition. Awarded articles that were not at the time primarily my work are not counted.
- The list includes Ron Grant, John Meeks, Linda Nelson, Josh Page, Sean Panikkar, Bianca Ryan, Hana Ryu and Victor Stapf Jr.
- "You have actually just brightened up my day so thanks :) We need more editors like you! :) Regards -→Davey2010→→Talk to me!→ 20:48, 16 April 2014 (UTC)"
- "How could I not give you one :) Thanks for the laughs :) - Its nice to have a laugh on here for once it really is! At 3am you've cracked me up which is a very rare in itself. Thanks and Keep up the great work! :) I was doing this at 2:45 and then had the Blue screen of death!, It goes from a jumping mouse to a barely functioning laptop - Lord help me! -->–Davey2010Talk 03:03, 2 February 2015 (UTC)"
- "Thank you! I was really impressed by the constructive and non-acrimonious tone and contributions from everyone involved in the recent AFD discussion on the Alliance of Women Directors article. What could have been—with the wrong editors involved—a very nasty debate, turned into a very positive discussion. Even editors who strongly felt that the article should be deleted worked hard to find sources and fix problems with it. This is the kind of positive collaboration people don't hear a lot about in Wikipedia-land and I'd like to recognize it. Carl Henderson (talk) 20:00, 3 April 2015 (UTC)"
- "Thank you for reverting my edit on Christina Grimmie's page; I kept seeing the Orlando Police's twitter status saying 11:51 PM on June 10th, but I just realized that my twitter time was set to Pacific instead of Eastern where I actually live. I feel stupid that I kept changing her death date now. I just wanted to make sure everything was accurate. Again, thank you for your help with the time zone problem I was having. Costello628 (talk) 15:16, 13 June 2016 (UTC)"
- "Thanks for the barnstar! ―Mandruss ☎ 20:29, 13 June 2016 (UTC)"
- "For your great investigative work into correcting Christina Grimmie's article by contacting OPD and other sources to correct the information requested on the article, for this I am awarding you the Detective Barnstar! Happy editing! :D Adog104 Talk to me 23:57, 3 July 2016 (UTC)"