|Also known as||The Ukulele Dude|
|Associated acts||Motor City Ukes|
|Website||The Ukulele Dude|
Talsma Custom Concert
An avid ukulele player, I have contributed to a dozen or more articles related to the instrument, gotten a number created, and plan on providing many more! I have had the honor of meeting, listening, and learning from some of the top ukulele players in the world and have studied the history carefully. I have created a book called Unlock Your Ukulele that shares seven years worth of workshops and reading into a handy reference for the ukulele player. You can see more of it at The Ukulele Dude.
- Aggie as in a graduate of Texas A&M type Aggie. Yeah, boots and everything!
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America - Brotherhood - Order of the Arrow
- Six years on active duty with the US Navy as an Unrestricted Line Officer Served on the USS Tacoma (PG-92) as Chief Engineer, the USS John Rodgers (DD-983) as Communications and Personnel Officer and with 1st Battalion 10th Marines as a Naval Gunfire Liaison Officer.
- Attorney at Law
- Black Belt - Shōrin-ryū Shidōkan
- Philatelist who has exhibited on a national level. APS and ATA
- Author - Several mysteries, including The E-mail Murder and Mystery on Woodward
I consider myself a jack-of-all trades and master of some.
I have a very large collection of memorabilia regarding Gladys Swarthout, a distant relative, and my online biography of her is the primary reference for the material in her article here on Wikipedia. I also maintain a website on the Swarthout family with history and genealogical information.
|Wikipedia ads||file info – #69|
- Aggie80's Ukecast draft - (in draft)
- 137th New York Volunteer Infantry - Civil War - (In draft)
- Aldrine Guerrero (in draft) - Current ukulele player - Create Page
- Seikichi Iha
- Frank Chapman, Jr. - Notoriety? (in draft)
- The Fabulous Heftones (draft created) - Current Performers - Create Page
- Kalei Gamiao - (in draft)
- Shoei Miyazato - Met and trained with him - Having trouble getting his article accepted, dispite having several thousand students in a half dozen South American countries. Need more references!
- Kala Ukuleles
- Ukulele (magazine)
- David Talsma
- July Paka - Early Ukulele player
- Keoki E Awai
- Bill Paaluhi - Early ukulele player
- Richard W. Konter - Explorer and ukulele advocate
- Alpaca Smith - Early ukulele player
- Craig Chee - Current ukulele player
- Sarah Maisel - Current ukulele player
- Bobby Henshaw - WW1 time frame, may have introduced George Formby Sr to the uke
- Danny Gregory - Artist, author and lecturer.
- Bosko and Honey
- Craig Robertson - Ukulele Noir
- Taimane Gardner
- Kimo Hussey
- Paul Hemmings
- Arthur Godfrey Add section to indicate the importance to the instrument ref History/Golden Age. Arthur Godfrey and his Ukulele TV show 4 April 1950 to 6/30/1950 15 minutes of instruction.
- Langley Ukulele Ensemble Improve and provide references
- Billy "Uke" Scott - Add references
Completed Projects to monitor
Existing Uke Pages I have tweaked, watch and/or monitor:
If you haven't become a member of the Teahouse, check it out!