My Wikipedia goals
To do any useful tasks I can, no matter how minor, especially for WP Film, WP Actors and Filmmakers, and WP Food and drink
To learn to be an excellent editor and a helpful mentor to newbies
To create good new articles
My Wikipedia history
I began actively editing on Wikipedia on June 20, 2013.
I've had two articles accepted so far, thanks to lots of help from experienced Wikipedians.
I've now joined Wikibooks so that I can work on their cookbook project.
Some things I've done so far in my life
- Hitchhiked around Europe when I was 21 (I wouldn't do it now!)
- Cared for infant zoo animals as a volunteer in a zoo nursery
- Was the chef/owner of a restaurant for eleven years
- Participated in a paleontological expedition in the Gobi Desert in Mongolia
- Established a program of free classes in cooking and nutrition for low-income families
Some things I like
- Reading or re-reading a truly well-written book
- Watching a well-crafted movie - no cookie-cutter Hollywood schlock
- Listening to classic jazz, old and new
- Enjoying local food and public markets in other parts of the world
- Cooking a recipe I've never done before or creating one of my own
- Challenging the status quo
A favorite quote
"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve (or save) the world and a desire to enjoy (or savor) the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." E. B. White
- Quoted in a profile by Israel Shenker, "E. B. White: Notes and Comment by Author", The New York Times (1969-07-11)