Something about me
- "Horseshoes on your horse are just like Windows on your PC. No matter how widely used, both of them expose something yours to serious derangement and disease" Alex brollo 16:04, 15 November 2005 (UTC)
- "He could do something better, but it was the sixth day, and he was very tired" --Alex brollo 09:33, 4 January 2006 (UTC)
Well, I'm very new in Wikipedia but I'm fully convinced - from years - about the value of free knowledge sharing.
I'm an Italian pathologist, but my interest cover nature, horses, informatics and any topic with an "ethical" positive content.
About horses: I'm a barefooter and a "natural communicator"; a "barefoot-and-bitless" rider, and I'm working about two external websites:
- http://it.geocities.com/alex_brollo , with Italians translations of barefoot websites,
- http://it.geocities.com/rem_tabi , covering "Pain free riding" (in Italian and in English), with special reference to the work of dr. Robert Cook about bit disadvantages,
- http://barefooters.forumup.it , a forum about barefoot horses and other horse-related topics (in Italian, but with a English page too).
I edited these articles on en.wiki: Barefoot horses, Horseshoe, Laminitis, Talk:Mustang (horse), Jaime Jackson, Natural horsemanship, Barefoot movement, Navicular syndrome,Robert Cook (veterinarian),Hiltrud Strasser.
I'm translating some of them into it.wiki too (the new ones are translated into English from an Italian version).
I recently launched a "Project Horse" into it.wiki, encouraging translations of en.wiki articles into Italian.
It's very hard for me, to have a NPOV about horses. It's inherently a "flaming" topic. Thanks to all of you for any tutoring, contribution and suggestion!
Updates - Aug 2007
My last, a little discouraging, contribution has been a try to edit Laminitis page, then I moved from Wiki into a hard horse forum activity.
I subscribed many forums, and I tried to discuss there my preferred topics - with variable results, some excellent, some very frustrating.
My last discoveries and forum memberships are:
- http://www.hauteecole.ru/forum/ , the forum of Nevzorov Haute Ecole
- http://www.naturalridingart.com/ , the forum of Art of Natural Dressage
Both of them discuss new approaches to high level training of horses without pain, punishment, costriction; nevertheless they differ deeply into their approach to human training, the former using a pedagogical approach, the latter a andragogigal one.
--Alex brollo 04:32, 7 November 2005 (UTC)