This is the user sandbox of AlistairJLH. A user sandbox is a subpage of the user's user page. It serves as a testing spot and page development space for the user and is not an encyclopedia article. Create or edit your own sandbox here.
Writing an article and ready to request its creation?
|Traded as||TWSE: AVO|
|Founded||Vancouver, BC Canada (2004)|
|Products||See list of Avigilon products.|
Avigilon Corporation [(TSX: AVO)] is a Vancouver-based company that designs, manufactures and markets video surveillance software and equipment. Avigilon software is used for various locations, including stadiums, casinos, critical infrastructure, retail environments, transportation stations, schools and several other locations.
Avigilon Corporation was founded in 2004 by President, CEO and Chairman, Alexander Fernandes in Vancouver, British Columbia.
After intensive research and development, Avigilon publically announced the first built-from-the-ground-up high-definition surveillance system at ASIS in 2006. The system announced included and 11 MP camera and high-definition network video recording software. Avigilon began selling its products in December of 2007.
Since its founding, Avigilon has experienced significant growth. The company sells its products into over 80 countries, employing 1,200 resellers. In October 2011, the company was ranked the Third Fastest Growing Technology Company in Canada in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50. On November 8, 2011, Avigilon officially became a publically traded company on the Toronto Stock Exhcange (TSX)  . In June 2012, Avigilon was named Company of the Year by the British Columbia Technology Industry Association (BCTIA).
All Avigilon components are designed and manufactured in Canada.
Avigilon products use High-Definition Stream Management (HDSM) technology to effectively handle the bandwidth and storage requirements of multi-megapixel video streams. The HDSM technology enables users to compress and preserve image quality while managing HD image transmission throughout the Avigilon system—sending only the requested portions of captured images to operator workstations. This technology delivers the best possible image quality in compact files allowing operators to easily receive information quickly and cost-effectively. Avigilon’s HDSM technology leverages imaging, hardware, data compression and information technology.
Avigilon Control Center (ACC)
The Avigilon Control Center (ACC) software records and manages both audio and video, delivering situational awareness and complete image detail. ACC captures, transmits, manages, stores, archives, plays back, and exports HD video while efficiently handling bandwidth and storage. ACC allows system designers to integrate Avigilon solutions with previously existing systems including analog and IP cameras, access control and other intrusion systems.
License Plate Recognition (LPR)
Avigilon Control Center High-Definition License Plate Recognition (LPR) provides single and multi-lane monitoring with HD accuracy from a single camera. Fully integrated within Avigilon Control Center and combined with Avigilon HD LPR Capture Kits it captures with HD accuracy over all conditions, 24 hours a day.
Avigilon has received numerous awards and recognition in key publications, including:
- “2008 Top 30 Technology Innovations” by Security Sales & Integration Magazine
- “2009 Top 30 Technology Innovations” by Security Sales & Integration Magazine
- “Team of the Year” for Manufacturing Operations Department by the BCTIA
- “Third Fastest-Growing Company in Canada” by PROFIT magazine
- “2010 Red Herring 100 Global Award” by Red Herring 100
- “Best New Exporter” in the 2010 BC Export Awards
- “Top Five Fastest Growing Technology Company in Canada” in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50
- “Red Herring 100 North America Award” in the Red Herring 100 North America
- “2010 Emerging Company of the Year” by the BCTIA
- “Fourth Fastest Growing Company in North America” on Deloitte’s 2011 Technology Fast 500
- “Company of the Year” by the British Columbia Technology Industry Association(BCTIA)
- Company Website
- HD H.264 Dome Cameras
- HD Dome Cameras
- HD Panoramic Cameras
- HD PTZ Cameras
- HD Cameras
- HD Pro Cameras
- Analog Video Encoders
- IP video surveillance
- Image sensor
- Professional video over IP
- Closed-circuit television (CCTV)
- Closed-circuit television camera
- Video Analytics
- Hi-Tech Security Solutions. "HD surveillance and the O2." August 1, 2010. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- SDM. “Projects in the News (Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics." August 2010, Retrieved July 16, 2012
- Retail Security News Portal.com, “Ardern Fair Mall ensures a safe shopping experience with Avigilon HD Surveillance System.” March 3, 2011. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- IntegratedCCTV.com, “Avigilon talk to Integrated CCTV about their company and the future.” November 23, 2012. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- Jameson Berkow, The National Post. “Vancouver’s Avigilon goes public on the TSX.” Nov. 8, 2011. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- Jameson Berkow, Financial Post. “Going Public not for weak.” November 14, 2011. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- Scott Simpson, Vancouver Sun. “Avigilon spies opportunities in surveillance.” November 30, 2011. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- John Adams, Security Electronics & Networks. “All Seeing Eyes.” March 30, 2011. Retrieved July 16, 2012.