Jump to navigation Jump to search
Do not dwell on the past. Do not dream of the future. Concentrate the mind on this present moment.
Did you know...
- ... that deforestation in Brazil could be linked to higher rates of the severe fungal infection caused by P. lutzii, a neglected tropical disease?
- ... that research into digital media use and mental health (pictured) has found that females are more likely to be affected by problematic social media use while males are more likely to have gaming disorder?
- ... the fact that there’s maybe too much emphasis on facts these days, or maybe there are just too many facts?
- ... that guitarist Cory Wong (pictured, left) was mentored by Peruvian guitarist Andrés Prado and Prince's drummer Michael Bland?
- ... that Whittington Tump in Worcestershire was the site of a motte castle?
- ... that when Louisville, Kentucky's WKYW radio became religious station WFIA in 1965, it ceased accepting beer, wine and tobacco commercials?
- ... that only a few hundred Jews survived out of the more than 57,000 who were deported from Slovakia in 1942?
- ... that fashion model Kesewa Aboah is descended from British nobility?
- ... that the Mad About You episode "The Conversation" was filmed with a single camera in one take, and broadcast without interruption from commercials?
- ... that cricketer Khaya Majola rejected offers to play alongside white players and overseas because he believed that black Africans were "being used as stooges" to benefit white South Africans?
- ... that the Hong Kong restaurant Shia Wong Hip stores hundreds of live and poisonous snakes on-site for its cuisine, and serves a soup made from lizards, silkworms, and seahorses?
So many facts - Anthropology - Art - Human rights - Sociology - Politics - Psychology - Society & Culture - Technology - Journalism - Philosophy - Law - Medicine More of what we know of what we know of what we know...
|This page in a nutshell: Assume that E.3 doesn't know what he's doing before you assume bad faith.|
Actually don't assume much. Be unassuming.
Some quality image snaps from my travels, public domain for anyone!, no attribution required.
Anthropology - Art - Language conservation and preservation - Human rights (the western construct, others think different) - Sociology - Politics - Psychology - Society & Culture - Technology - Journalism - Philosophy - Law - Medicine