|Search user languages|
Hi and welcome! I'm Andrew Alder.
- Personal website (a restricted update wiki of course)
- Facebook (but I spend far more time here than there)
- See also this unrelated but delicious page
Some of my user space pages here:
- User:Andrewa/silly ideas some impossible dreams, and gathering data for some see User:Andrewa/support for my silly ideas
- User:Andrewa/Primary Topic RfC probably the least silly of them, see User:Andrewa/negative benefit
- User:Andrewa/A proposal regarding capital letters in article titles and associated pages... If you thought the New York fiasco was tense, hold on to your hats... User talk:Andrewa/A proposal regarding capital letters in article titles#Recent RMs is a place to gather ideas and evidence
- User:Andrewa/Optional diacritics likewise... and of course User talk:Andrewa/Optional diacritics
- User:Andrewa/Quicklinks some wikilinks I find especially useful
- User:Andrewa/The Problem With Page Views (which may become a project space essay someday)
- User:Andrewa/AGF cuts both ways
- User:Andrewa/Wikipedia is in the business of truth
- my least important contribution
- What I'm working on
- How I'm doing it
- Where I'm coming from
- Where to talk about it
- user:andrewa/subpages> (the rest of them, as a manual formatted list)
- All my subpages plus lots of others as an automaticaly generated list
- All my talk subpages similarly generated
Nice to look at, hey, these are all very pleasant company
2005 Fender Jaguar Baritone Custom. Identical to the successor model the Fender Jaguar Bass VI Custom except for the headstock decal (representing < one cm2 of paint), and not a baritone in anything but name, in both senses continuing the proud Fender tradition regarding names. Note the two pickups, presence of the upper circuit, and fixed bridge tailpiece. It's a typical retro instrument; It's exactly what people think they remember Jack Bruce playing but of course he didn't, the retro is fiction, and it's the right instrument for creating something brand new based on this fiction. Also it's too short for the Jazz Bass case! That was the best Fender Australia could do (it comes in a soft gig bag). I love the Fender Jaguar electrics, other than that I like to keep it very simple.
A Rosa Hurricane and a Maton Freshman. See Talk:Electric guitar#Bad picture redux, Talk:Electric guitar#Rosa Hurricane and Talk:Electric guitar#Gotta Say for some, um, discussion of them. Skiffle reject indeed! The Maton, an excellent instrument, was also lost in the fire. The Rosa, built as a piece of junk but somehow using good components, has with some repairs and other TLC turned out excellent... good neck, two nice humbuckers, basic classic passive electrics, body does the job standing or sitting and looks in-your-face, nice tuners... what more dya want..? Oh, be nice if it fitted a flight case... paid twice as much for the case as I did for the guitar... and worth every penny...
The electric mandolin (left) would probably be called semi-acoustic by many, but it had a better acoustic sound than the bowl mandolin next to it, and a better electric sound than the electric mandolin I had played since the 1970s. I wasn't shopping for mandolins really, but I came back the next day and bought it. Also lost in the fire.
This isn't mine but I have one identical, well built and lovely to play and I guess Kurt Cobain thought so too, but my first bass guitar was the matching bass made just a few years later (both MIJ) and it is a piece of absolute junk
I don't have a baryton and can't play it anyway, but isn't it lovely?
|Licensing rights granted to Wikimedia Foundation|
|I grant non-exclusive permission for the Wikimedia Foundation Inc. to relicense my text and media contributions, including any images, audio clips, or video clips, under any copyleft license that it chooses, provided it maintains the free and open spirit of the GFDL. This permission acknowledges that future licensing needs of the Wikimedia projects may need adapting in unforeseen fashions to facilitate other uses, formats, and locations. It is given for as long as this banner remains.|
|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user whom this page is about may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at