User:Andy t roo
well, i've finally made an account - i previously have made a few anon. edits and comments under my name; Andrew Hill, from ip's in the 172.19.x.x range (UQ)
I'm undertaking a PhD at the university of Queensland, looking at image processing to improve the specificity of contrast enhaced MRI scans for the detection of breast cancer.
Interests: computational science - computers in order to simulate anything.
Projects which i intend to do some day and/or may have some work done already:
1) my own hybrid ray tracer/ polygon shader rendering engine (dynamic detail in real time, while maintaining long range visibility and high detail)
2) cryptography -- 2 encryptions schemes which are "hard" to break (hard == impossible w/o a mathematical breakthrough)
a) one based on pseaudo random number generation b) second one based on impossibility of an exact inverse fourier transform within descrete sample space.
3) a virtual workd containing:
a) real weather i) coupled navia-stokes approximations , p v and t, moisture (last two are hard) ii) dynamic accuracy in order to be able to interact with it in real time w/o producing non-physical results b) some type of plant growth/dynamics i) random generation of plants ii) growth iii) coupled with above weather sim c) ai creatures i) more than a script, genetic algorithm for behaivour, so little long term predictabiliy of behaivior. d) social organisation of these creatures (development of cities/ trade)
4) automated music composition (fractal,golden ratio, recursive)
5) alternate sound base for music (not tones of consant frequency)