Wikipedia user Anon_lynx is none other than Stephen Charles Thompson, born 14 March 1972 in Kansas City, Kansas. He commonly uses the alias of anon_lynx or anonlynx when visiting web pages. Stephen is married to Lena Marcela Mora Thompson.
- Name: Stephen Charles Thompson
- Alias: anon_lynx
- Born: 14 March 1972 in Kansas City, Wyandotte county, Kansas, United States of America
- Residing: Trophy Club, TX, United States of America
- Employed by: GM Financial
- Occupation: Governance Risk Compliance Analyst
- Awarded a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from the University of Missouri at Kansas City
- Participated in post-graduate work in the Community Psychology graduate degree program at the University of Missouri at Kansas City
- Continued education in community psychology at UMKC, information security at the SANS Institute, and project management at Boston University.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) from (ISC)²,
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) from Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA).
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and administrator (MCSA),
- Firewall Security Engineer from Check Point,
- Boeing 737 aircraft avionics and electronics tecnician from Alteon Training (Boeing),
- Aviation electronics technician from Naval Aviation Technical Training Center Pensacola,
- General electronics repair and calibration from Naval Technical Training Unit Keesler,
Served five years active duty in the United States Navy where he earned the rate/rank of AT2 (E-5). Served aboard the USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) for 3½ years during the 2005 World Tour cruise and subsequent refueling and complex overhaul (RCOH). Participated in Operation Iraqi Freedom during 2005 carrier operations in the Persian gulf. In 2008, joined the Selected Reserve and transferred to Fleet Logistics Support Squadron Five Nine (VR-59) at NAS JRB Fort Worth, in support of the C-40 Clipper Boeing 737-700 fleet. In 2009 he transferred to NOSC Portland as part of the Naval Expeditionary Combat Command Navy Expeditionary Logistics Support Group NCHB 5.