- 1 Prologue
- 2 Education
- 3 Hobbies
- 4 Anwar Dafa-Alla's Interests
- 5 AnwarKing.com website
- 6 Work and Career
- 7 Initiatives
- 8 Living abroad
- 9 Major contributions
- 10 Highlights of his TED/TEDx activities
- 11 Public Speaking
- 12 Consultancy/Advisory
- 13 TED Open Translation Project (OTP) workshops
- 14 Research
- 15 Research papers
- 16 Event Management/Planning
- 17 Panelist
- 18 Teaching
- 19 Teaching Philosophy
- 20 Other Activities
- 21 Honors
- 22 On the Media
Anwar Fatihelrahman Ahmed Dafa-Alla(أنور فتح الرحمن أحمد دفع الله) is a Sudanese Computer Scientist/Social entrepreneur, and "Anwarking" is his well-known nickname in the Sudanese Cyber-Space. Born in Port Sudan, in January 23rd, 1978.
In 2003 Anwar graduated from The Arab Academy for Science and Technology and Maritime Transport in Alexandria, Egypt, as a Computer Engineer (B.eng).
He received his Msc. & Ph.D. in Computer Science in 2006, 2011 respectively from dblab in Computer Engineering school.Chungbuk National University in South Korea where he majored in Databases & Data Mining.
Anwarking's favorite hobby is fishing in the Red Sea of Port Sudan. He has a lot of other hobbies namely football, Volleyball, swimming, socializing and knowing people. Love is the main theme of his greetings.
Anwar Dafa-Alla's Interests
He Works to develop the Sudanese intellectual community and reports various situations in Sudan throughout the world. He believes that the developed countries should provide Education and technological knowledge to the developing countries rather than financial aid.
These keywords pop up on his way to expalin what he strives: Education, Language, Creativity, Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Community Building, Translation, Data, Knowledge Management and Sharing , Event planning and management, Leadership, Connecting dots, Privacy issues in Databases, Social Networks, Data Mining, Mathematics, Access control Models, Behavioral Economics, Social Media, New Media, Internet of things, Emerging Ideas, What's next?
His website: AnwarKing.comwas among the first Sudanese websites that appeared in 2001 to cover various Sudanese Cultural issues and aspects as well as Sudanese Music. The website slogan was "if the internet holds Terabytes, let's make one of them Sudanese". (إن كانت الانترنت تحمل تيرابايتات، فلنجعل إحداها سودانية)- April 2001. The website provided one click MP3 downloadable content.
Professor Mohamed Majzoub who was a frequent visitor of the website From the UK wrote a poem about the website in 2004 In praise of a technocrat and his site
Work and Career
AnwarKing has Worked as part-time teaching assistant in his hometown, Port Sudan in Eastern Sudan in 2003. He started his own computer company "Adoby For Computer Services" in partnership with his AAST friends in June 2003. Then he moved to South Korea for his post graduate studies where he worked as a freelancer translator with many companies, Arirang TV stations and the Korean Radio broadcasting services(KBS). He got interviewed in KBS twice Anwar Dafa-Alla: Building an internet culture in the Arabic world بناء ثقافة انترنت في العالم العربي(Arabic) . And ضيف على كي بي أس
He also established his own Trade business while he was in S.Korea (AFRO-ARAB Trading) from 2006~2008. Since he came back Sudan in January 3rd 2011, He consulted for couple of projects and worked as a Computer Science assistant professor at Alzaiem Alazhary University in Khartoum from June 2011 to August 2012, and Garden City College for Science & Technology from September 2012 to 2014 and at King Faisal University from January 2015 to date.
Anwar is a co-founder of Sudan Developers Association (SudaDev) in 2002, and the First Sudanese who participated in the International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI2002) in Korea. Interview Observes' mission is to ensure fair game.
- He is also, the Founder of the first and only one organized Sudan Olympiad in Informatics (SOI) in early 2003, among other activities.
- Founder of TED Open Translation Project- Arabic (المترجمون) Facebook group in June 2009.
- Founder of TED Open Translation Project- Arabic , Facebook page in October 26, 2010.
- Founder of Sudanese Researchers Initiative 2009 under the motto: "The problem and the solution lies within YOU!" on Facebook.
- Founder of TEDxKhartoum, November 2010.
- Founder of TEDxYouth@Khartoum June 2011.
- Founder of Nafeer IT team , Youtube videos in August 2013.
- Initiator of #SRI_Webinar / #SRF_Webinar a series of scientific webinars hosted by the Sudanese Researchers on Google Hangout and archived on Youtube.
Dafa-Alla lived in Egypt from 1997 to early 2003 and then in South Korea from 2003 to 2010 for his post graduate studies. He lived in the United States for almost one year 2013-2014. Dafa-Alla also lived in KSA for 18 months 2015-2016. He also loves travel.
His major contributions include:
- Translated more than 1400 TED talks into Arabic through TED Open Translation Project
- Co-founder of Sudanese Developers Association 2002 
- Founder of Sudanese Olympiad of informatics 2003
- Founder of Sudanese Researchers Initiative 2009 under the motto: "The problem and the solution lie within YOU!" on Facebook
- Founder and the curator of TEDxKhartoum & TEDxYouth@Khartoum Conferences
- Received the Best research paper Award at FITAT 2009 conference in South Korea.
- In July of 2008 to November 2008, he started a video blog to criticize the Sudanese government, featured in several news articles such as: Sudanese blogger uses YouTube videos to deliver political messages.
- Enriching the Arabic contents over the internet, he also gave a lecture on the subject during the 2nd Youth Rising forum in Doha, Qatar in April 2011. Recorded and avialable via Youtube:أنور دفع الله: دعم المحتوى المعرفي العربي
- In March 2013 to May 2013 , he's an Executive producer to Our Sudan film "A Short Film to Inspire A New Generation", the first crowd-funded film in Sudan on Kick-Starter .
Highlights of his TED/TEDx activities
Soon after, he ceased fire and focused on other volunteer work, such as Translating TED into Arabic. In a short time, he joined the Most active volunteer translators and interviewed in TED Blog TED Blog: Meet Anwar Dafa-Alla, TED volunteer translator ...Translated into more than 8 different languages such as Arabic قابلوا أنور دفع الله ، مترجم متطوع لمؤتمر تيد , Greek , Japanese , Serbian, French , Hungarian , Chinese, Italian, Korean , Spanish, etc...
Anwarking is also A public speaker/ TED/TEDx speaker...
- He spoke in the first TEDx Yonsei, where he talked about the similarities and dissimilarities between Sudan and Korea A letter from Sudan A letter from Sudan.
Featured in YONHAP NEWS مهندس سوداني يشارك في مؤتمر تيد في كوريا-
- In November 2010, Anwarking was on TEDxSeoul Stage where he shared some thoughts about his experience of Translation of TED Talks. I'm a TED volunteer translator
- Anwarking attended TEDActive conference in 2010  and gave a 30 seconds on the stage Attendee.
- He attended the first TEDGlobal in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK. And spoke about TEDxKhartoum community with almost 100 TEDx Organizers who gathered at the Royal Lyceum Theatre in Edinburgh TEDx Workshop at TEDGlobal 2011
- Anwar Dafa-Alla has coined the term "Mini for Mega" Mini For Mega is quoted by TED, which means use small stuff to do big stuff during his TEDxKhartoum community building in Sudan.
- He spoke at TEDGlobal 2012 during TED University session June 2012. He was honored by attending a private reception with the First Minister of Scotland, with other scholars and contributors for TED conferences.Thanks to TED European director, Mr.. Bruno_Giussani
- In November 23rd, 2012 he was a speaker at TEDxBerlin conference (Crossing Borders).
Crossing your inner borders , Anwar Dafa-Alla #tedxberlin, Crossing some Borders . This talk held in English has been translated into more than 13 languages so far, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish
Thanks to the wonderful OTP community On Amara , Universal subtitles platform.
- In November 30th, 2012 he was a surprise speaker at TEDxAmsterdam conference.
- In August 26th, 2013... he Gave the commencement speech for Khartoum International Community School (KICS) Graduating Class of 2013. KICS Sudan Alumni
- In October 26th, 2013..he was a special guest of TEDxMidAtlantic in Washington D.C. , USA. Where he shared stage with 50+ speakers. A talk on How TEDx is bringing change to Sudan amidst political crackdown. Watch on Youtube
- In March 29th, 2014... he was special guest of TEDxBeaconStreet in Boston, MA, USA . Source
- In June 11th, 2014... he was invited to give a talk on "Identity, Generosity, and break away from Fear" at Annandale high school in Fairfax County, Virginia, USA . Source
- In January 9th, 2016... he was invited to give a TEDx talk on "What If we translated TEDx talks" at TEDx Jeddah in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia . Source
- He advised the third TEDxYonsei conference in 2010. - He consulted TED Open Translation Project, dubbing project. - He is a Technology consultant for Africa City of Technology, Ministry of Science & Technology from November 2011 to date, where he is developing concepts for ICT incubators for fresh graduates in Sudan. - He is a mentor for the Sudanese Researchers foundation. - He is a mentor for Bizra incubation program Bizra at Sudan Startup Hub.
TED Open Translation Project (OTP) workshops
- He attended TED translators workshop in twice in Palm Springs, CA. USA 2010, 2012. And twice in Edinburgh, Scotland,UK, 2011, 2012 As well as the first TEDxSummit in Doha, Qatar, April 2012 where more than 600 TEDx organizers world-wide have gathered to exchange practices and ideas on how to develop TEDx.
Dafa-Alla has authored and co-authored dozens of original research papers in IEEE, ACM, Springers and recently he has published his first book "Background Knowledge in Privacy & Geolocation: An Access Control Approach", LAMBERT Academic Publishing, ISBN:978-3-659-22583-3, Available in Amazon.
Complete list of his published research (B.Sc, M.Sc. Ph.D):
- Anour F.A. Dafa-Alla, et.al “Multi agent monitoring system for LAN operation,” Bsc. Graduation project, Computer Engineering department, Arab Academy for science & technology, February 2003.
- Anour F.A. Dafa-Alla, “Framework for Privacy preserving Data mining using PRBAC,” Master thesis, Chungbuk National University, February 2006.
- Anour F.A. Dafa-Alla, “Incorporating Background Knowledge in Privacy Preserving Geolocation: An Access Control Approach,” Ph.D. Dissertation, Chungbuk National University, February 2011.
1- Anour F.A.Dafa-Alla, Moon Sun Shin, Eun Hee Kim, Keun Ho Ryu, “Privacy Preserving Data Mining Using Role Based Access Control,” in proceeding to Korea information processing society conference, Cheongju, pp. 43-47, Cheongju, Korea, June 2004.
2- Anour F.A.Dafa-Alla, Eun Hee Kim, Keun Ho Ryu , “Framework for privacy preserving Data mining using PRBAC,” in proceeding to The 20th Commemorative International Technical Conference on Circuits/Systems, Computers and Communications (ITC-CSSC2005), Jeju, Korea, July 2005.
3- Anour F.A.Dafa-Alla, Eun Hee Kim, Keun Ho Ryu, “PRBAC: An Extended Role Based Access Control for Privacy preserving Data mining,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, IEEE in proceeding to International Conference on Computer and Information Science (ACIS2005), Jeju, Korea, July 2005.
4- Anour F.A.Dafa-Alla, GyoYong Sohn, Keun Ho Ryu, “Employing PRBAC for Privacy Preserving Data Publishing,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, ACM, The 2nd International Conference on Interaction Sciences: Information Technology, Culture and Human, pp.1417-1421, Seoul, Korea, 2009.
5- Kyung-Won Hwang, Taekyun Kim, Anour F.A Dafa-Alla, “An analogue to the An analogue to the Erdős-Ko-Rado theorem on q-ary Hamming code,” Proceeding of the Jangjeon Mathematical Society, Jangjeon Research institute for Mathematical Sciences & Physics, volume 12, no. 2. pp. 237-242, 2009.
6- Anour F.A.Dafa-Alla, Jungpil Shin, “Generalization models for privacy preserving data publishing: A brief survey,” The Second International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology, Applications and Tools (FITAT09), pp. 5-10, Cheongju, Korea, October 2009.
7- Anour F.A.Dafa-Alla, Ho Sun Shon, Keun Ho Ryu, “Privacy Preserving spatio-temporal web mining ,”BIEN2009: INWES ASIAN NETWORK, pp.171, Pusan, Korea, August 2009.
8- Anour F.A.Dafa-Alla, Eun-Jong Cha,Wun-Jae Kim, “IP2Location based technique for limiting background knowledge in privacy,” The Second International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology, Applications and Tools (FITAT09), pp. 31-35, Cheongju, Korea, October 2009.
9- Anour F.A. Dafa-Alla, Kyung-Won Hwang,Soyoung Ahn, Philsu Kim, “A new finite difference representation for Poisson’s equation on R3 from a contour integral,’ journal of Applied Mathematics and Computation, ISSN 0096-3003, DOI: 10.1016/j.amc.2010.10.017, October 2010.
10- Ibrahim Musa Ishag Musa, Anour F.A. Dafa-Alla, Gyeong Min Yi, Dong Gyu Lee, Myeong-Chan Cho, Jang-Whan Bae, and Keun Ho Ryu, “Online Multi-Divisive Hierarchical Clustering for On-body Sensor Data,” Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, volume. 680, Springer,1st Edition., XVII, 533 p. 258 ISBN: 978-1-4419-5912-6. (Book Chapter), October 2010.
11- Anour F.A.Dafa-Alla, Ho-Sun Shon, Khalid E.K. Saeed, Minghao Piao, Unil Yun, Kyung-Joo Cheoi, Keun Ho Ryu, “IMTAR: Incremental Mining of General Temporal Association Rules,” Journal of Information Processing Systems, volume.6, no.2, pp.163-176, June, 2010.
12- Gyoyong Sohn, Sang-Hyuk Lee, Anour F. A. Dafa-Alla, “Robust Finite Field Arithmetic for Fault-Tolerant Tate Pairing,” In Proceeding of Jangjeon Mathematical Society, Jangjeon Research institute for Mathematical Sciences & Physics.13, no. 1, pp. 77-87, 2010.
13- Jin Byeong Woon, Anour F.A.Dafa-Alla , Ibrahim Musa Ishag , Khalid E.K. Saeed , Keun Ho Ryu,“Privacy preserving geographic data about individuals on disease maps” Proceeding of International Symposium on Remote Sensing (ISRS2010), Jeju, Korea. October 2010.
14- Anour F.A.Dafa-Alla, Ibrahim Musa Ishag, Khalid E.K. Saeed, “Privacy Tag for Preserving Individuals Privacy in Geographical Context on Disease Maps”, The forth International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology, Applications and Tools (FITAT2011), Cheongju, Korea, May 2011.
15- Ibrahim Musa Ishag, Makki Akasha , Anour F.A.Dafa-Alla, Khalid E.K. Saeed, “GeoSocialDM : Framework for Mining Location-based Online Social Networks” ,The forth International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology, Applications and Tools , Cheongju, Korea, May 2011.
16- Anour F.A. Dafa-Alla, "TEDxKhartoum as a knowledge Sharing platform", in proceeding of workshop of Knowledge Management Capacity in Africa: Harnessing Tools for Development and Innovation, The Friendship Hall, Khartoum, Sudan. 5 January 2012.
17- Anour F.A. Dafa-Alla, Osama A. M. Rayes, "Broadband opportunities for rural areas development and resonance", The 10th Inter-state Information forum, Al-Fashir, Sudan. May 7th, 2012.
18- Murghani Eltahir, Anour F.A. Dafa-Alla, "Extracting knowledge from web server logs using web usage mining", In proceedings of International Conference of Computing, Electrical and Electronic Engineering (ICCEEE 2013),Khartoum from August 26th to 28th, 2013.
19- Razan Abualgasim, Anwar F.A. Dafa-Alla, "Design of a Security Framework for Big Data", In proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on the Frontiers of Information Technology, Application and Tools; FITAT’16,Zhuhai, China. Mar 31 – Apr 3,2016.
His DPLB entry.
Anwarking has been involved in planning/organizing many events in Sudan and abroad. Some of them are listed below:
- Organizer of TEDxKhartoumLive for TED2011 Simulcast (TEDxKhartoum Live), March 2nd, 2011, livestreamed from Long beach, CA, USA, 120+ Attendees, MTN learning Centre, Khartoum, Sudan.
- Organizer of TEDxKhartoum 2011, themed “Who We Are?”, April 30th , 2011, 1000+ Attendees, SPark city Hall, Khartoum, Sudan.
- Co-Organizer of TEDGlobal2011 Simulcast (TEDxKhartoum ), livestreamed from Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, 120+ Attendees, NTC Tower, Khartoum, Sudan.
- CO-organizer/ Advisor of TEDxYouth@Khartoum, November 26th, 2011, 250+ Attendees, Alsharga Hall, Khartoum, Sudan.
- Organizer of TEDxKhartoumChange, Supported by partner Gates Foundation and livestreamed from Berlin, on Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 100+ Attendees,DAL excellence Centre, Khartoum North, Sudan.
- Organizer of TEDxKhartoum 2012, themed “Positive Thinking”, 1200+ Attendees, Friendship Hall, Khartoum, Sudan.
- Organizer and panel chair of “Research directions in Computer Sciences” Symposium, Computer week, Alzaiem Alazhari University. May 31st , 2012. 300+ Attendees, Alzaiem Alazhari University, Khartoum North, Sudan.
- Organizer of TEDxYouth@Khartoum 2012, themed “Turn On The Lights”, 300+ Attendees, November 17th , 2012, Alsalam Rotana Hotel, Khartoum, Sudan.
- Organizer of the first TEDx workshop in Sudan (How-to TEDx?) TEDxKhartoum holds first TEDx workshop in Sudan. October 13th, 2012. 75+ Attendees, SudaTel businesses, Khartoum, Sudan.
- Organizer of Workshop on write/publish a scientific paper January 13th, 2013, +330 Attendees, NTC Tower, Khartoum, Sudan.
- Organizer of Workshop on Tell me about your Ph.D (What was my Ph.D all about?) Sunday, March 10th, 2013, 80+ Attendees, Sudan University for Science & Technology, Alshaheed Hall, Khartoum, Sudan.
- Organizer of TED2013 Simulcast (TEDxKhartoum Live), Feb 27th, 2013, livestreamed from Long beach, CA, USA, 180+ Attendees, NTC Tower, Khartoum, Sudan.
- Organizer of TEDxKhartoumChange, Supported by partner Gates Foundation and livestreamed from Seattle,Washington DC on Wednesday, April 3rd, 2013, 100+ Attendees, (Live event), DAL excellence Centre, Khartoum, Sudan.
- Organizer of TEDxKhartoum 2013, themed “Knoweldge into Action”, May 11th , 2013, 1000+ Attendees, Corinthia Hotel, Khartoum, Sudan. The event was Shut-Down by Sudan National Security and Intelligence Service.
- Organizer of TEDxKhartoum 2015, themed “Reconciliation”, July 25th , 2015, 40+ Attendees, Sudan Startup hub, Khartoum, Sudan.
- Organizer of TEDxOmdurman 2017, themed “What We Need Now”, February 25th , 2017, 1350+ Attendees, Althuryya Hall, Omdurman, Sudan.
- Panel chair, ``Sudan and the Knowledge Age: Where Are We?``. Guest speaker Dr. Gada Kadoda. The British Council Management monthly forum 27th July 2011, Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, Sudan.
- Panel chair, ``Unforgettable Leaders :`What it takes to become an unforgettable``. Guest speaker Mr. Charles Ocici, Enterprise Uganda. The British Council Management monthly forum May 29th,2013, Corinthia Hotel Khartoum, Sudan.
- Panelist on "Media & Makers: Khartoum 2013", On ACCESS TO INFORMATION Online Event blog.
- Onsite panelist on “TED FOUND IN TRANSLATION SESSIONS” incorporation with Skype Inc. "Why We Translate with June Cohen". Onsite panelists: Els De Keyser, Anwar Dafa-Alla, Kristine Sargsyan, Wataru Narita. Edinburgh, Scotland, June 10-14, 2013 Watch on TED.com.
- Onsite panelist on “TED FOUND IN TRANSLATION SESSIONS” incorporation with Skype Inc. "The unique challenges of expanding Arabic content on the Internet worldwide." Onsite panelists: Khalid Marbou, Anwar Dafa-Alla, Sami Al-Mubarak. Edinburgh, Scotland, June 10-14, 2013.
- Onsite panelist on “TED FOUND IN TRANSLATION SESSIONS” incorporation with Skype Inc. Global Speaker Erik Hersman: "Innovation, technology and Africa". Onsite panelists: Anwar Dafa-Alla, Khalid Marbou, Bandi Mbubi. Edinburgh, Scotland, June 10-14, 2013 Watch on TED.com.
- ICCEEE 2013 Co-chair for Security and Authentication, TECHNICAL SESSION (4A). Chairpersons: Dr. Prof. Mustafa Nawari & Dr. Anwar Dafa-Alla. Khartoum, Sudan. August 27th, 2013 Program.
- ICCEEE 2013 Co-chair for TECHNICAL SESSION 5A: Artificial Systems Chairpersons: Dr. Alfadil Zakaria & Dr. Anwar Dafa-Alla. Khartoum, Sudan. August 27th, 2013 Program.
- Panelist with Kevin Bankston, Danielle Kehl of Open Technology Institute, Collin Anderson, Independent Researcher, Brad Brooks-Rubin of Holland & Hart LLP and Ian Schuler of New Rights Group, Promoting the Free Flow of Information in Sanctioned Countries, The New America Foundation. Washington DC. December 5, 2013. Link On Youtube .
- Informal presentation during the Youth, Conflict & Governance at Yale University. New Haven, Connecticut, USA . February 28th, 2014 .
- Discussion Moderator, DIGITAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL SANCTIONS IN SUDAN. Panelists: Moon Yousif Sulfab, Nasredeen Abdulbari, and Danielle Kehl. Shirlington, Virginia,USA . March 9th, 2014  .
- A Presentation at Freedom House. Washington D.C. USA . March 19th, 2014 .
- Panelist at SdNOG-2 Conference, on "Impact of Internet (Data privacy and security / Trading Free for Freedom / On living in the cloud )" , with Iman Abu Almaaly, Fahd Batynah, and Philip Papes. Panel moderator : Mustafa Omer Nawari . Khartoum, Sudan. Wednesday, 26 August 2015 .
- Panelist at Global Entrepreneurship Week , on "Medical Innovation Symposium" , with Dr.Amjad Mohammed Idries, Mr. Mohamed Ali Hamza, Dr. Mazin Khalil . Khartoum, Sudan. 14-20 November 2016 .
- Panel moderator at Global Entrepreneurship Week , on "Tecnology & Medical Innovation Symposium" , with Dr. Mohamed Izzeldain, Dr. Abdelrahman, Mr. Mohamed Ali Hamza, Dr. Mazin Khalil . Khartoum, Sudan. 14-20 November 2016 .
Since his graduation in 2003, He has taught the following courses for Bsc.: Software Engineering,Computer Graphics, Using Internet And these courses for the graduate school: Database, Data Mining, Internet Technologies, Innovation, Semantic Web, Business Process Management, Information Security, Hardware Maintenance , Implementing Intranet/Internet Security, Implementing Operating System security, Introduction to Computer, Information security policy & Procedures .
″My experience both as student and as researcher taught me how closely research and teaching are related. I want to stimulate students of all levels to discover and to think critical. I believe that success – whether personal or professional – is generated from three critical building blocks: knowledge, critical thinking, and curiosity. These building blocks have an enduring, cyclical relationship; knowledge helps us to understand the world around us as well as ourselves, critical thinking gives us the ability to incorporate knowledge and apply it endlessly, and curiosity, which is the result of realizing the limitations of current knowledge, drives us to acquire additional knowledge. I see my role as a head of department as one of transferring a fundamental knowledge of course content to students while cultivating their critical thinking skills through the application of theory and concepts to current applied computing and IT related issues. We expect that our students will have a variety of levels of desire for learning. We will strive to nurture an environment that will encourage them to seek areas that excite them, for we believe that true learning occurs best when it is most meaningful. Our ultimate goal in teaching is to provide requisite knowledge, encourage and develop critical thinking skills, and stimulate natural curiosity that will guide students in their efforts of pursuing success. We will spare no efforts to achieve the excellence in learning, researching and serving our community. Finally, we believe that our responsibility is to empower our students to become the leaders of the knowledge economy in Sudan and the future entrepreneurs.″*
- Borrowed from my friend/TED Spanish translator and Applied linguistic professor (Dr Lidia Cámara de la Fuente ) with slight modifications:
- Published on GCCST Website Head of IT Department page
As a restless educator, he collects books from wherever he goes and bring it back to his home country, Sudan. In Feburary of 2003, with help with his friends, they brought nearly 1 ton of scientific books to Sudan from Alexandria, Egypt. In May 2011, with help with his professors in South Korea, he brought nearly 3 tons of scientific books to Sudan from CheongJu, South Korea. In January 23rd, 2011 he called for bringing OLPC to Sudan and formed a network of Universities, Research institute, NGO and independent researchers for this taskشبكة كمبيوتر محمول لكل طفل سوداني OLPC Network to Sudan ,However, the American Sanctions on Sudan has been the major obstacle.
- TED Champaign Translator TED Champaign Translator
- A TEDx Rock Star A TEDx Rock Star
- Sudanese Who Made it BIG! Sudanese Who Made it BIG!
- Named as one of 50 Unsung Heroes to Watch in 2014 IN GLOBAL DEVELOPMENT • SOCIAL MEDIA
On the Media
- Interviewed by Charlie Rose for TED 60 Minutes "On 60 Minutes, the impact of TED Talks"
- Interviewed by Voice of America Tech Wizard Launches New Sudan in TED World
- Featured on CNN TEDxKhartoum event shut down, organizers say
- Featured on Fast Company How TED Connects the Idea-Hungry Elite
- Featured on Lemonde Cocktail d’arrivée à TEDGlobal
- Featured on Aljazeera Meeting TEDx organisers from around the world
- Featured on Slate Time to Rethink Tech Sanctions Against Sudan
- Featured on entrepreneurs Arabic تيد إكس منصة يتشارك من خلالها الشباب تجاربهم الناجحة