- Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. - It's harsh, and cruel. - But that's why there's us. Champions. It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world was what it should be, to show it what it can be. - You're not a part of that yet. - I hope you will be.
The unfortunate motto of too many Wikipedians: "Using logic and reason isn’t enough. You have to be a dick to everyone who doesn’t think like you." (from this episode of South Park)
No shoot fire stick in space canoe.
From the Oromo language of Ethiopia, note the use of a single vowel throughout the following proverb, an extreme form of assonance:
- kan mana baala, aʔlaa gaala (“A leaf at home, but a camel elsewhere"; somebody who has a big reputation among those who do not know him well.)
hello Avanu, i'd just like to say (and this seems the appropriate section to do so) that out of all the regular editors on the Julian Assange article, you seem to be the one most aware of WP:NPOV, and props to you for it. i try and stay out of the ins and outs of editing and talk on the article as much as possible - i could without the wikistress - but i do observe with interest; your ability to remain aware of the bigger picture - that we're trying to make an encyclopaedia and a good article - is commendable and inspiring. if everyone else participating on the Assange article could keep as clear a head, it would be the best article on wiki. keep it up! Kaini (talk) 05:51, 13 March 2011 (UTC)
|The BLP Barnstar|
|For keeping a cool head and remaining diplomatic when many others did not in the course of substantially improving a controversial article. Kaini (talk) 05:51, 13 March 2011 (UTC)|
Defender of free speech
|The Defender of Free Speech Barnstar|
|To Avanu for being not just a single U stalwart defender of free speech at Wikipedia, but a double U defender. Tomwsulcer (talk) 02:56, 8 August 2011 (UTC)|
Thanks. -- Avanu (talk) 05:55, 8 August 2011 (UTC)
- You're welcome. Btw I forgot to retitle the barnstar wording above; did it.--Tomwsulcer (talk) 11:45, 8 August 2011 (UTC)
|The Barnstar of Diligence|
|For your diligence in sourcing an extremely esoteric bit of trivia about the Jumpman logo, I award you this shiny Barnstar. Nice find, man.
- Kafziel 01:19, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
Thank you very much, very appreciated. -- Avanu (talk) 01:21, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
- Cool article, too. Had to share it with my fellow sneaker freak friends. Kafziel Complaint Department: Please take a number 01:27, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
Welcome to Wikipedia.
Don't take things too seriously.
Check out all the stuff you can.
Clean up any messes you make.
Read some more.
Write some more.
Review what you've done.
Consult with others.
Consensus isn't a vote.