In the unlikely event someone wants to know more about me, Google finds me very easily. This page refers to me only as a Wikipedia user/editor, not as a person.
To Be Done
- apply Template:Science Fiction Project to talk pages
- research to resolve nationality of Category:Science fiction writers of unspecified nationality (I'm sure most of them are American))
- categorize Category:American science fiction writers by state
- apply Template:Infobox Science Fiction Writer to author pages
- perform assessments on SF articles
- create templates: SF Book, SF Television, SF Film (like SF Writer)
- review WP:SF joint task force: SF literature with WP:novels
- develop WP:SF joint task forces: SF TV with WP:TV, SF Movies with WP:Films
- assign SF categories to articles
- fill in List of Andromeda episodes
- sources for science fiction on television, and science fiction fandom
- articles to review: Fantasy, Fantasy literature, Star Trek, Television Program
- existing Worldcon pages: standardize (complete) content
- create: 55th World Science Fiction Convention
- create NASFiC pages: 7 (Conucopia), 5 (ConDiego)
- existing Worldcon pages: standardize (complete) content
- generalize Template:Infobox Science Fiction Writer to refer to SF&F
- generalize Template:SF to incorporate into other templates
- summarize and separate The X-Files with subordinate articles
- summarize/cleanup Cyberpunk
- Phil Janes still not really notable, needs review and possible deletion
- list Category:WikiProject Science Fiction categories in WP:SF
- WP:SF userbox graphic
- separated Third person from Point of view (literature)
- categorize Category:Science fiction writers by nationality
- Main article: Avt_tor contributions
- Bunch of Seven -- writer friends and acquaintances of mine
- Torcon 3 -- 61st World Science Fiction Convention in Toronto in 2003, I was deputy division head of Programming
- Thomas Farrell -- Deputy Commanding General of the Manhattan Project, my great-uncle
- Cascadia Con -- 8th North American Science Fiction Convention, I was head of Programming
- Canvention -- the Canadian national science fiction convention
- Ad Astra (convention) -- Toronto science fiction convention, I've been on the committee
- Karin Lowachee -- author, friend of mine
- 60th World Science Fiction Convention (since I'm editing Worldcon pages anway)
- 57th World Science Fiction Convention
- Stephanie Bedwell-Grime -- author, friend of mine (I took a class with her taught by Karl Schroeder)
- Teddy Harvia (David Thayer) -- Hugo best fan artist four times (from editing other pages), stub
- 56th World Science Fiction Convention
- Policy stands of Joe Lieberman -- removed excessive detail from main Joe Lieberman article
- British television science fiction -- removed from Science fiction on television
- Japanese science fiction television -- removed from Science fiction on television
- Canadian science fiction television -- I am a fan
- Category:Canadian science fiction television -- a group of shows made here, or by people I know
- Wire-flying -- filled a gap on the Science fiction on television page
- Template:Science Fiction Project -- Talk page template for WikiProject Science Fiction
- Assessment page for WikiProject Science Fiction, and associated subpages
- Template: Infobox Science Fiction Writer for WikiProject Science Fiction
- Corning (Iowa) (en français)
- Template:User WP SF
Pages Significantly Edited
- Kensington Market -- where I lived for many years
- Koreatown, Toronto -- close to where I lived for a few years
- Tanya Huff -- author friend of mine, formerly from Toronto
- The Annex -- where I worked for a few years
- The Junction -- where I worked for a short period
- Herndon, Virginia -- near my work
- Mensa International -- I'm a member
- St. Joseph's Collegiate Institute -- went to school there
- Ikariens -- my grandmother's ancestors
- Majel Barrett -- actress I met at Toronto Trek
- Susan Krinard -- author friend of mine, formerly from Toronto
- Point of view (literature), Narrator, Third person limited omniscient, Second-person narrative, cleaned up overlap
- Culture of Canada -- needed fixing
- Barbara Farrell Vucanovich -- former Nevada congresswoman, my cousin (once-removed) (someone created this page before I got to it)
- Joe Lieberman -- needed so much cleanup
- Science fiction -- major rewrite
- summarization, sources
- Science fiction conventions -- needed expansion and cleanup
- science fiction on television -- summarized overlong history sections, added other sections
- Worldcon -- added sections on committees and guests of honor
I have initiated or am monitoring possible deletions and clean-up actions on Wikipedia. Deletions are always a bit controversial; opinions (in favor or opposed) are invited.
- 26 Feb 07: Notability comment posted on Jeremy Robinson.
- 7 Feb 07: Notability comment posted on Talk:SyFy Genre Awards page.
- 1 Feb 07: Proposed deletion: Elron Awards. Action: redirected to VCON.
- 28 Feb 07: Article for deletion: 2 The Ranting Gryphon. Action: speedy delete.
- 3 Feb 07: Notability template on Chelsea Shepard, vanity press author. Action: deleted.
- 3 Feb 07: Proposed deletion: Barry Stephen Nieuport, vanity press author. Action: deleted.
- 3 Feb 07: Proposed deletion: The Gorrideon, vanity press book. Action: deleted.
- 3 Feb 07: Proposed deletion: Phil Janes, don't know what he is. Action: deleted.
- 1 Feb 07: Article for deletion: Christopher O'Kennon. Consensus: delete.
- 30 Jan 07: Merge categories: Category:Science fiction anthologies and Category:Science fiction short story collections. Consensus: keep separate categories, with explanatory language.
Wikipedia References and Activities
Some knowledge is good. Some knowledge is bad. When they are jumbled together, you have chaos, and which is entropy, which has the side effect of flames. If you draw lines between what is good and what is bad, what is good will shine, and what is bad will dwindle and fade into darkness. The table of contents is order, which is peace, which is good. Use what is good not as a sword to strike at your foes, but as a glancing shield to deflect their attacks upon you, and when you are not destroyed, your enemies will become somewhere else. Or sometimes even, someone else, like a friend. Keep your tables clean and orderly, and your knowledge will grow and prosper.
Some things are one thing. Some things are the other thing. Some things are one thing and the other thing at the same time. This is the category. Some things do not need to stand in opposition from each other in order to achieve a victory; sometimes, different things can be combined together to form a greater thing, stronger and taller by its bond than any of its components could be. This is the intersection of categories, which can have more than zero members. Become one and the other, together, and become strong.
Truth can be seen. Look out the window. Be in the world. When you see and know the truth, you can find the truth, and you can say it, but until you see it, you will not believe it in your heart, and you will never be able to find it, even if you step in the middle of it. See, and then know, and then do. Do not hide in knowledgelessness, for you cannot learn what you cannot see.
|Search user languages|