I am a user who lived in Brazil.
My major interests are geography and biology (especially the Lauraceae family and botany in general). In my opinion botany is the scientia amabilis. The words scientia amabilis refer to a quotation from Swedish botanist Carl von Linné meaning loveable science.
I would like to congratulate Wikipedia, the unique really novel institution of the Third Millenium. Wikipedia represents the third shockwave in the over/information age. The first was Internet and second World Wide Web with hypertext. I think, therefore, that Wikipedia is a very important information source.
My Points of View
- about Cladistics (including Classification, Evolution and Phylogenetics concepts) at this page User:Berton/Cladistics
- on APG (Angiosperm Phylogeny Group) classification at User:Berton/APG.
- on PhyloCode at User:Berton/PhyloCode.
- on Malvales classification at User:Berton/Malvales.
- on Malpighiales classification at User:Berton/Malpighiales.
- on a new classification of living beings at User:Berton/New classification sketch.
I like very much classical music, my favorite composers are:
Wikipedian since June 19, 2005 (as anonymous user) .
Some articles that I have created
- Adolf Engler
- Hans Melchior
- August W. Eichler
- João Geraldo Kuhlmann
- Karl Anton Eugen Prantl
- Joseph Decaisne
- Achille Richard
- List of Abuta species
- List of Phacelia species
- Itanhandu (the place where I was born)
- Camoensia (plant)
- Kubitzki system
- Hutchinson system
- Goldberg system
- Bessey system
- Melchior system
- William Schaus
- Jean Weigle
- Nikolai Jakovlevice Kusnezov
- August Adriaan Pulle
Some articles that I have contributed
I firmly believe and I hope that Freedom and Justice will triumph ever.