This is the user sandbox of Bhaskarvikramshankar. A user sandbox is a subpage of the user's user page. It serves as a testing spot and page development space for the user and is not an encyclopedia article. Create or edit your own sandbox here.
Writing an article and ready to request its creation?
Aflatoon (Hindi: अफ़लातून) is a popular Indian sweet made out of mawa, eggs, sugar, rawa, ghee and kishmish. It is prepared by baking in a hygienic compartment, specially separated to ensure taste and aroma.
The following ingredients are used in the preparation of Aflatoon:
- 1 cup very fine white semolina (rava)
- 1 cup ghee
- 4 cups milk (cool)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. each almond and pistas slivers (very thin)
- 8-10 cardamoms
- 2 pinches saffron flakes
- 1 tsp. rose water
- 2 thick large sheets of clean thick polythene for rolling.
- Deseed cardamoms and crush seeds coarsely. Keep aside.
- Grease sheets on one side and keep aside.
- Mix rava, ghee, milk and sugar in a large heavy pan.
- Place on high flame, and stir continuously, bring to boil.
- Reduce flame and go on stirring till a very soft lump is formed.
- Add rose water and top with 2 tbsp. ghee.
- Take off flame and knead (temper) well with a spatula.
- Place lump between the greased sides of the sheets.
- Roll evenly as fast as possible. Remove top sheet.
- Sprinkle all the toppings evenly. (ie. slivers, saffron broken and cardamom seeds)
- Replace sheet and reroll quickly till very very thin.
- Cut in 4" squares, store in airtight container when cool.
- (Place pieces of butter paper between layers for avoiding sticking.