||This is not a Wikipedia article: It is an individual user's work-in-progress page, and may be incomplete and/or unreliable.
For guidance on developing this draft, see Wikipedia:So you made a userspace draft. This draft was last edited five years ago .
Zornow is the 2009 DMC World DJ Finals Champion, the only American DJ to date to have won the DMC Battle for World Supremacy, and the youngest champion to date (age 17 in 2003) to have won the DMC New York City Championships. Zornow is also a member of the Lo-Livez DJ Crew, and an instructorat electronic music production & DJ School, DubSpot, both based in New York City.
Zornow begin DJing at age 13 after purchasing a set of turntables and mixer with money from his Bar Mitzvah. Entering his first competition at age 16, Zornow continued on to win several competitions while in highschool.
After graduation from highschool, Zornow attended Harvard University and the alma mater of his parents. Before departure to Harvard University, Zornow suffered a loss against rival DJ Ie.Merge at the 2004 DMC NYC Championships, and stopped competitive DJing despite being inducted to the Lo-Livez crew.
While at Harvard, Zornow majored in math and was actively sought to DJ campus events.In 2007, Zornow returned unexpectedly to competitive DJing after a 3-year leave of absence, won the DMC Battle for USA Supremacy, and subsequently the DMC Battle for World Supremacy.
Zornow is also endorsed by Native Instruments.
- 2009 DMC WORLD CHAMPION
- 2007 DMC Supremacy WORLD CHAMPION
- 2008 IDA/ITF Finals WORLD VICE CHAMPION
- 2009 DMC USA CHAMPION
- 2007 DMC Supremacy USA CHAMPION
- 2009 DMC EAST COAST CHAMPION
- 2004 Guitar Center NY/NJ CHAMPION
- 2003 DMC Regional NYC CHAMPION
- 2003 ITF Regional EAST COAST CHAMPION
- DMC World DJ Championship: World DJ Championship Results 2009
- DMC World DJ Championship: World Battle Champions
- DubSpot Electronic Music Production & DJ School
- DJ Times: How An Ivy Leaguer Became DMC World Champ
- The Harvard Crimson: The All-Spin Zone
- The Harvard Crimson: SPOTLIGHT: Sam M. Zornow '08
- The Harvard Crimson: Senior Wins World DJ Title
- Golden Turntable
- DubSpot DJ & Music School YouTube Channel
- Native Instruments: Artists
- IDA 2008 RESULTS