There are strange things done, when there is no sun, by meteorologists.
They use their PCs, while their fingers freeze, making Wikipedia lists.
In the Northern night, where the snow lies white, as they huddle 'round their 'scopes,
As their lips turn blue, that hardy crew, often speaks of their childhood hopes,
Not to monitor storms, in some place warm, like Bermuda or the Carribee,
But to freeze one's butt, up in Nunavut, just like old Sam McGee.
- With images it turns out that a long lingering death is very important.
- Just in case you were not sure what part of the world the Yukon was in.
- Due to the traffic problem in the Arctic it is very important to use the car park.
- Well I've never been accused of suppressing an opposing viewpoint from behind the wall of academic objectivity. before.
- Feel the Inukness, there is no explaining this.
- Qanurli? What Now? spoofs the Old Spice ads.
- Canadian use of unusual modes of transportation. Read both edit summaries.
- A article that was transferred over to the German language Wikipedia was put up for deletion and a bot left me a message. I wasn't to sure what it said so I stuck it into Google Translate. According to Google they have an "argument-oriented discussion" that consists of "seven days of fighting talk." Life is tough over there.
- Conflict of interest is not a good thing but this is funny. A user registers an account with one purpose in mind, to edit an article about an airline in Whitehorse, Yukon. An IP, that locates to Whitehorse, objects. However, the registered user has their own feelings about this.
- So is that all I am worth?
One of the things I enjoy about Wikipedia is learning something new. So rather than just write about myself, you will have to follow the links.
I was born on the same day that Concepción, Chile suffered an earthquake in the same year that Cortina d'Ampezzo held the Winter Olympics. The town was still in this county though today it is part of this city.
After a few years we moved but only stayed for a year. Next we moved to here, which is very close to a more famous place. There were several things of interest in the area such as this and this. Of course this imaginary line was here but at the time I did not know that it would rule my working life.
Later we moved and lived there for a few years. While there I met this author and these two bass players. Both of them lived in the area, the first here and the second on this island. Another island close by was noted for its gardens created by Sir James.
In the same year that this was discovered I emigrated, having been offered a job. I was first posted to Taloyoak and after a year was transferred to Holman. I got married, had two kids and after 20 years we moved and I've lived here ever since.
For those of you interested in such things I made my first edit and have worked on these ever since. I have also added a few articles here and like to spend time here. In October 2005 I became an Administrator.
Cernen 21:26, 17 December 2005 (UTC)
- Airport Manager (talk · contribs) sockpuppet account
- CambridgeBayWeather (mobile) (talk · contribs)
- Cambridge Bay Weather (talk · contribs) doppelgänger account
- CambridgeBayWeather Commons
- CambridgeBayWeather Meta
- CambridgeBayWeather Wikiquote
- CambridgeBayWeather Wikisource
- CambridgeBayWeather Wiktionary
- CambridgeBayWeather Wikibooks
- Wikipedia:Village pump (technical)/Archive 135#Cremation or burial?