|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
My real name is Alexander Chow and, on many social media websites, my username is caorongjin, the pinyin form of my Chinese name (simplified Chinese: 曹荣锦; traditional Chinese: 曹榮錦; pinyin: Cáo Róngjǐn).
I work professionally as an lecturer in the School of Divinity, University of Edinburgh, in the areas of Christian theology and world Christianity. Some of my academic writings can be found listed on my academic blog or on Academia.edu.
Wikipedia in the classroom
In early 2016, I read in the Times Higher Education and a related peer-reviewed journal article about how educators were using Wikipedia for course assignments. Inspired, I too thought it might be a good idea. The results can be found here:
- Selected Themes in World Christianity (Autumn 2016)
- Selected Themes in World Christianity (Autumn 2017)
The following are some of the Red Linked pages which I would like to eventually help to create.
- Bishops' Conference of the Chinese Catholic Church (Chinese: 中国天主教主教团; pinyin: Zhongguo Tianzhujiao Zhujiaotuan)
- Chen Zemin (Chinese: 陈泽民, 1917 – 2018)
- Cosmic Christ
- Harold W. Turner (January 13, 1911—May 5, 2002)
- David Yang (pastor) (simplified Chinese: 杨绍唐; traditional Chinese: 楊紹唐; pinyin: Yáng Shàotáng, 1900–1969)
- N. Z. Zia (or Xie Fuya) (simplified Chinese: 谢扶雅; traditional Chinese: 謝扶雅; pinyin: Xiè Fúyā, 1892-1991)
- "Dr Alexander Chow". University of Edinburgh. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Profile". Alexander Chow: Reflections on Chinese Christianity and Theology. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- Havergal, Chris (31 March 2016). "Exam by Wikipedia replaces 'increasingly unappealing' essays". Times Higher Education. Retrieved 2 May 2017.
- Lauro, Frances Di; Johinke, Rebecca (2017-04-03). "Employing Wikipedia for good not evil: innovative approaches to collaborative writing assessment". Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education. 42 (3): 478–491. doi:10.1080/02602938.2015.1127322. ISSN 0260-2938.
- Lucy Schouten (8 January 2017). "World Christianity Goes Online with Wikipedia". Centre for the Study of World Christianity. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- Alexander Chow (15 March 2017). "Wikipedia in the Classroom". Centre for the Study of World Christianity. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- "福音时报专访中国基督教著名神学家、神学教育家陈泽民教授(1)-福音时报--基督教资讯门户网站". www.gospeltimes.cn. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- Yi Yang. "Nanjing Union Theological Seminary Host "100th Birthday Party" for the Retired Honorary President Professor Chen Zemin China Christian Daily". China Christian Daily. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- Zhi, Grace (7 June 2018). "Chinese Theologian Chen Zemin Dies at 101". China Christian Daily. Retrieved 6 July 2018.
- Hitchen, John M. (July 2002). "Harold W. Turner Remembered" (PDF). International Bulletin of Missionary Research. 26 (3): 112–113.
- Walls, Andrew F.; Shenk, Wilbert R., eds. (1990). Exploring New Religious Movements: Essays in Honor of Harold W. Turner. Elkhart, IN: Mission Focus Publications.