User:Cast/Anarky simple english
||This is not a Wikipedia article: It is an individual user's work-in-progress page, and may be incomplete and/or unreliable.
For guidance on developing this draft, see Wikipedia:So you made a userspace draft. This draft was last edited three months ago .
- 1 Publication history
- 2 Character portrayal
- 3 Abilities
- 4 List of comics
- 5 Other pages
- 6 References
- 7 Other websites
Anarky comic book series
Absence from DC comics
Heroic and anti-heroic themes
Political and philosophical themes
Strategy and intelligence
List of comics
As a lesser known character in the DC universe, Anarky has a small library of stories, which is not as big as more popular DC Comics characters. Between 1989 and 1996, Anarky was mostly written by Alan Grant in Batman-related comics. In the late 1990s, Anarky entered a brief period of minor importance. This began when a limited series, Anarky vol. 1 was published in 1997. This was followed in 1998 with the Batman: Anarky collection. In 1999 Anarky was featured in his own comic book series, Anarky vol. 2. After the cancellation of the ongoing series, Anarky lapsed into obscurity for nearly ten years. The character made a featured appearance in a 2008 issue of Robin as part of an effort to return the character to regular publication.
Comic book series
- Anarky 1 (1 – 4) (May – Aug, 1997), New York City, NY: DC Comics
- A limited series comprised of the "Metamorphosis" storyline.
- Anarky 2 (1 – 8) (May – Dec, 1999), New York City, NY: DC Comics
- Anarky moves to Washington, D.C. to wage war against the United States government. The series was financially and critically unsuccessful, and was canceled after eight issues.
- A trade paperback collecting five stories featuring Anarky in various "Batman" related comics between 1989 and 1997.
- "Anarky in Gotham City" Detective Comics (608 – 609) (Nov – Dec, 1989)
- Anarky attacks criminals in Gotham City. The first appearance of Anarky.
- "Anarky" Batman: Shadow of the Bat (40 – 41) (Jul – Aug, 1995)
- Anarky and Batman fight a terrorist Anarky has accidentally funded. The two part story arc reveals Anarky's origin story.
- "Metamorphosis" Anarky 1 (1 – 4) (May – Aug, 1997)
- Anarky tries to free people from all social problems. The four-part limited series gives Anarky new abilities and philosophy.
- "The Sins of the Father" Anarky 2 (8) (December, 1999)
- Anarky seeks the truth of his parentage and learns the Joker may be his father. The controversial final issue of the Anarky ongoing series, it has been neither confirmed nor refuted since its publication.
- "Search For a Hero" Robin 2 (177 – 182) (Aug, 2008 – Jan, 2009)
- The role of "Anarky" is stolen by the General, while Lonni Machin is recast with a different name, "Moneyspider".
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Cast/Anarky simple english|
- "Anarky Page", web page created by Roderick Long (c.2000). Hosted on Praxeology.net.
- "Anarky: Norm Reflects", dedicated web page by Norm Breyfogle, Anarky co-creator and series illustrator. Hosted on Norm Breyfogle.com.
- Character indexes
- Anarky on the DC Database Project, an external Wikia wiki
- Anarky at the Comic Book DB.
- Anarky at the Grand Comic-Book Database
- Anarky on the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe website.