Chad Bonham (born January 14, 1971) is an American author, journalist, blogger and film and broadcast producer. He attended the University of Tulsa.
Bonham was born in Norman, OK to parents Stan and Betty Bonham. His father was a recording artist for Warner Brothers as half of the Gospel duet Stan and Dan. His mother was an evangelist and pastor. Bonham traveled with his family throughout states such as Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri, Kansas and Arkansas, where his mother held revival services. At the age of nine, his family settled in Broken Arrow, OK where he graduated from Broken Arrow High School in 1989. Bonham attended the University of Tulsa where he was a writer for The Collegian and also worked in the athletic department as a student assistant. He graduated from TU in 1993.
Writing and Production Career
After getting his start writing for his college newspaper, Bonham began working with various local media outlets such as The Tulsa World and The Tulsa Tribune before taking his first national freelance writing job with CCM Magazine. He has since written for numerous publications such as Relevant, Charisma, Christian Retailing, New Man, Gospel Today, Sharing the Victory, Sports Spectrum, Today's Christian, Faith and Friends and Ministries Today. Bonham also writes two columns for Beliefnet: Inspiring Athletes (featuring Christian athletes) and Whole Notes (featuring Christian music artists).
Bonham has authored, co-authored or served as a ghost writer and contributing editor on 13 book projects. His first book, Wrestling With God (River Oak), released in 2001 and documented the Christian conversions of 10 professional wrestlers including Sting, Ted DiBiase and Nikita Koloff. More recently, Bonham has penned inspirational sports books such as the 2012 releases Glory of the Games (Cross Training Publishing) and Life in the Fairway (New Leaf Press).
In 2004, Bonham began working with director Ash Greyson on various broadcast productions. Bonham served as Greyson's coordinating producer on the 2010 documentary Life Happens. As of 2012, the production partners were developing several documentary, broadcast, feature film and online media concepts.
Bonham currently resides in Broken Arrow, OK, along with his wife, Amy and their three sons Lance (born September 26, 2003), Cole (born February 25, 2008) and Quinn (born February 13, 2011).
- Wrestling With God (2001 - author)
- Spiritual Journeys (2003 - co-author)
- Golden Hurricane Football (2004 - author)
- Golden Hurricane Basketball (2004 - author)
- The Starting Line (2007 - co-author)
- Integrity (2008 - general editor/author)
- Serving (2008 - general editor/author)
- Excellence (2009 - general editor/author)
- Teamwork (2009 - general editor/author)
- Greatest Coach Ever (2010 - contributing editor/ghost writer)
- Greatest Leader Ever (2011 - contributing editor/ghost writer)
- Glory of the Games (2012 - author)
- Life in the Fairway (2012 - author)
- Husker Legacy (2012/in production - author)
- Sooner Legacy (2012/in production - author)
- It Was Just A Coincidence (2013/in production - co-author)
- Lessons From Oklahoma Football (2013/in production - author)
- The Faith of Stock Car Racing - working title (2013/in production - author)
- Life Happens (2010 - Producer)
- Bleed Into One: The Story of Christian Rock (post-production - Producer)