- /Out of the Shadows wikithon 24 May 2023
- /ARU 2023, page for course that took place at Anglia Ruskin University.
Editor here since 2003. I was Wikimedian in Residence at ContentMine, in Cambridge, from April 2017, from 2018 working on the ScienceSource project, up to May 2019.
- Blogpost series on the Moore Library website.
Took place on 22 June 2022: Healx rare diseases editathon.
- /Economics editathon
- /Plant editathon
- /20 Things
- /Newnham training, /Newnham training drafts
- /Heritage science
- Wikipedia:GLAM/NHSF Project
- my next article, Draft:new page, /userspace page
- /Training supporting links Moore Library, 22 June 2017
- /Training supporting links2 Moore Library, 29 June 2017
- List of Fellows of the Royal Society, for Wikidata work
- /Wikidata queries
- Item creator
- mix'n'match tool
- Venn on Internet archive: https://archive.org/details/alumnicantabrigipt1vol1univiala, https://archive.org/details/p1alumnicantabri04univuoft, http://archive.org/stream/p2alumnicantabri03univuoft
List of English and Welsh endowed schools (19th century) is a vehicle for the early history of grammar schools, an area that keeps coming up.
- Enc. Met. 2nd edition http://archive.org/stream/encyclopdiametr00unkngoog#page/n7/mode/2up
- Railway Times http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=0RhCAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA363
- Wikidata terminator tool
Main userspace areas
- /New page area
- /Drafting area
- /Listings area: these are miscellaneous working lists - ask me on my user talk if you ever need to know more.
- /DNB area: the old Dictionary of National Biography is an immense resource for adding 'missing articles', now complete with the first two supplements on Wikisource. Here at Wikipedia:WikiProject Dictionary of National Biography and also on Wikisource (s:User:Charles Matthews, s:Wikisource:WikiProject DNB). Under 7000 articles are now missing from enWP.
- /Your Paintings area: on the old BBC Your Paintings website. /Watercolours and /Wood engravers are listings to try to find other relevant artists.
- /Selected. I largely write historical biographies these days. This list is of a relatively small number of more general articles.
- /Resources area
Meetups in Cambridge
I signed up with the 'systemic bias' project here; years later, systemic bias is still an issue for WP. These days I interpret the commitment as going to work in any unpopular area.
... the "official mind", dour and consistent as it generally was in each small thing, lacked a similar consistency in larger matters, (or, indeed, in attempting to generate policies applicable to a multitude of small things).