User:Cherylhancc/Running Into The Sun
(Creative Director), (Managing Director)
Wendy Ng (Producer)
|Website||Running Into The Sun Official Website|
Running Into The Sun is a concert organiser and concert promoter founded in 1999. The company is best known for bringing the K-Pop wave to Southeast Asia, introducing acts such as Super Junior's Super Show 3 to Singapore and Malaysia in January and February 2011, Shinee World Tour in September 2011 and Girls' Generation's 2011 Girl's Generation Tour in December 2011.
Running Into The Sun also brought in Queen of Mandopop, Faye Wong's 2011 Comeback Tour to SIngapore and Malaysia in Oct 2011 after a seven year hiatus. The concert made headlines as tickets were priced as one of most expensive ever in the two cities. 
Besides bringing in international acts, Running Into The Sun also creates original productions. The first Retrolicious festival was held in 2010 at Singapore's historical Fort Canning Park, in an outdoor music festival with artistes including Debbie Gibson, Johnny Hates Jazz and Rick Astley. Retrolicious returned in 2011 again at Fort Canning Park, with Belinda Carlisle, Bananrama and The Human League.
The company is headed by Creative Director Beatrice Chia-Richmond, who was also the Creative Director of Singapore's National Day Parade 2011 and a well-known figure in the theatre and arts industry in Singapore.
Running Into The Sun is based in Singapore with offices in Malaysia. The company is a subsidiary company of Fly Entertainment, an artiste management company.
- Swing Out Sister The Breakout Concert, 16 December 2009
- The Vlee Conference, 1-12 September 2010
- Singtel-Samsung Super Junior Showcase
- LG Lee Min Ho Showcase
- Youth Olympic Games with Beast and 4 Minute
- Retrolicious 2010, 9 October 2010
- Super Show 3 Singapore, 29 January 2011 - 1 February 2011
- Super Show 3 Malaysia, March 2011
- Retrolicious 2011
- Shinee World Tour Singapore, 10 September 2011
- Faye Wong Concert 2011 Singapore, 29 October 2011
- Faye Wong Concert 2011 Malaysia
- 2011 Girls Generation Tour in Singapore, 9 December 2011 - 10 December 2011
- Super Junior World Tour Super Show 4, February 2012
Awards and Accolades
- Nominated "Concert of the Year 2010" for Retrolicious 2010 by I-S Magazine
- Listed under The Straits Times 'Power List' in 2011
- "Pop dive Faye Wong to show in Singapore in Oct 2011". xinhua news, 16 June 2011.
- "Faye's tickets top at $580". The Straits Times, 14 June 2011.