D.C.-based, email me at joemichaels at hotmail dot com
My Hobby: Your tax dollars at work in Wikipedia
I like to peek at the sort of Wiki edits that my colleagues at State engage themselves in when they have nothing better to do. Here's how you can do it, too:
- 1. Everyone who works at a US embassy or consulate abroad reaches the Internet through their intranet which then, in turn, reaches the Internet as either sherman.state.gov or clayton.state.gov
- 2. Wiki edits made by sherman.state.gov users (IP 126.96.36.199)
- 3. Wiki edits made by clayton.state.gov users (IP 188.8.131.52)
- 4. This only shows what they do when they are at work. You can't see what they do when they are at home and use private ISPs.
Their edits are for the most part harmless (with very little vandalism), but they usually get a higher-than-normal level of criticism from the rest of the Wikipedia universe.
- Hey, that sort of sounds like how these guys behave in real life, too..!