|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
Who is "Correogsk"?
"Correogsk" is simply the Spanish word for "mail" ("correo") plus my initials: my full name is Gustavo Sandoval Kingwergs. I am a Mexican psychologist, as well as an Eng-Sp-Eng, Fre-Sp and Ger-Sp translator, with a certification granted by the Superior Court of Justice of Mexico City (TSJDF) as an English-Spanish translator of official documentation. I was born in Mexico City on Monday, June 15, 1964 , at 13:00 h. I am, therefore, Gemini (ascendent Virgo), as well as a Wood Dragon. I was born as a wiki (as a Wikipedian) on August 9, 2007. Six years, now!!
My activities as Wikipedian
I have offered several (many, in fact) talks about Wikipedia and Wikimedia Foundation's projects in lots of schools, cultural centers, etc., among them:
- Universidad Insurgentes
- two junior high schools at Chicoloapan, State of Mexico
- National Polytechnic Institute (Flisol)
- El Colegio de México
- According to , I am:
My type is: INTJ (Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging): Strength of the preferences (%): 56 50 25 11
Qualitative analysis of my type formula
I am: moderately expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed judging personality
- According to , my personality type:
Assertive and outspoken - they are driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, they usually excel at public speaking. They value knowledge and competence and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization.
Careers that could fit me include:
Business executives, CEOs, organization founders, business administrators, managers, entrepreneurs, judges, lawyers, computer consultants, university professors, politicians, credit investigators, labor relations worker, marketing department manager, mortgage banker, systems analysts, scientists.
Here I am...
(Updated as of Sunday, January the 30th., 2009.)
|Search user languages|
- I'm interested in a lot of different issues in Wikipedia (English, French, German and Spanish pages). By now, I have enough time only to make some small corrections. Perhaps later I will be able to do some research (in books, journals and newspapers) about more specific subjects, so as to make more relevant contributions... but that depends mainly on my income (I am an English-Spanish-English translator, as well as a French-Spanish and German-Spanish translator; I studied English translation at El Colegio de México, A.C. (Colmex), French at Alliance Française, and German at UNAM's Centro de Enseñanza de Lenguas Extranjeras (CELE)). Now I am working, here in Mexico City, as an English-Spanish-English "expert translator" or "certified translator," the best English equivalent I know of for "perito traductor," the type of translator authorized by a legal court (the Superior Court of Justice of Mexico City, in my case; see ) to work with legal documentation (such as birth/studies/death/marriage certificates and commercial agreements of almost any kind). The results of the selection procedure to obtain the legal authorization as an certified translator for 2011-2013 (by Mexico City government) was published in July 2011.
- I took a diploma course (May-June 2008) about terminology at El Colegio de México (Colmex), organized by professor María Pozzi Pardo, Ph.D., a terminologist working at the Center of Studies on Linguistics and Literature (CELL) (Colmex), and professor Luis Fernando Lara, Ph.D., a linguist also working at CELL, as well as a member of El Colegio Nacional () since March 2007.
- I am currently taking a diploma course (January-December 2012) about the English-Spanish translation of scientific texts at National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM)'s Centro de Enseñanza de Lenguas Extranjeras (CELE).
- My favorite Wikipedia pages are those describing the life, work and ideas of people such as scientists, filmmakers, actors/actresses, philosophers, writers,... and many, many other interesting people (mostly females) who have made this world/society a better place to live in (without prejudices, with peace, with freedom of speech and freedom of thought). I am also interested in science and movies in general, of course.
- For more information about Correogsk, please see this Wikipedia user's page in Spanish: 
Some specific interests
- Within the area of scientific knowledge, I am particularly interested in sleep sciences. I am... was? an insomniac: perhaps it is a bad sleeper what I am now: I use to go to bed very late at night. Insomnia was the central subject of my thesis work at the end of my B.Sc. in psychology (UNAM): Risk factors of insomnia in high school students: Validation of the Health, Lifestyles and Behavior Inventory (S.E.Vi.C.) was my first step within sleep research. It deals with those family situations which predict those youngsters who will probably undergo insomnia when becoming adults. I said "my first step" because I will try to study a Ph.D. later (I tried to do it twice, but there were so many economic and emotional obstacles), so as to become a sleep researcher. I am also interested in nightmares, in REM sleep, in dreams, the neural bases of language (bilinguism, multilinguism). Perhaps a new scientific subject will appear now, considering this Wikipedia project in both my life and my city/my country is growing so fast.
- On the other hand, I am very interested (for me it is an addiction, in fact) in movies: old movies, horror films, sci-fi, love stories, French films, German directors, the filmography of a lot of specific directors/actors/actresses, etc. Leonard Maltin's TV Movies and Video Guide is always on my bed, besides me. My favorite Mexican film critic is Ernesto Diezmartínez (newspaper Reforma; see ).
Wikipedia in Hebrew and/or some other languages
See . I do not know anything about Hebrew. However, I think it is a very interesting experience to contribute to a Wikipedia page in a language I don't know anything about, only from mere deductions and "localizations." I might learn Hebrew and/or some other language (Nahuatl, Latin) later.
I will appreciate every comments to my contributions (any of my contributions). Thanks, therefore, to Jwy, maxsch, Melty girl, JFW, WLU, Legion fi, Quiddity, Richard001, Dreamyshade, and to all those who have added/will add any comments or opinions to this page.
My academic background
I was a student of medicine for only two years (1983-1985; my father, Gustavo Sandoval López, a lawyer and a law professor, died on June 17, 1985, and depression made me leave school when I was 19-20 y.o.). One year later I began studies in psychology (1986-1990; I obtained a B.Sc. at UNAM's School of Psychology, in Mexico City, in 2002; I have tried twice to obtain a Ph.D. in psychology (a "direct Ph.D," as it is called here in Mexico, considering no master's degree is necessary in some institutions), first in 1995 and later in 2005; due to several reasons, it was not been possible for me to do this; perhaps later).
Other accounts in Wikipedia
|To-do list for WikiProject Sexology and sexuality:|
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_the_United_States#Comprehensive_summary_table_of_LGBT_rights_in_the_United_States The table in this section needs a key to explain how the checks and X's work (check vs check/X vs X/check vs X meaning).
||This user is epileptic.|