|— Wikipedian ♂ —|
That's me on the right
|Hobbies, favourites and beliefs|
|Books||Anything by Chuck Palahniuk, Anthony Burgess, P. D. James, or David Wong. I don't always read, but when I do, it's almost always one of these four.|
Hello there. I'm Sock. I've been largely inactive since late 2015, but I still come around time after time, and have started to become slightly more active starting in mid-2016.
Welcome to my one of five million pages of the English Wikipedia! Please sign my guestbook here. As far as editing privileges go, I have rollback, reviewer, and autopatrolled rights. I used to focus on creating and editing articles about musicians, bands, or albums, but my primary focus has since shifted to film articles. I'm an active member of WikiProject Film, and encourage you to join us!
I'm an admin hopeful, though I haven't done a whole lot to reach that goal as of late. I've primarily been trying to improve film articles. I've also been working on the film backlog at WP:GAN recently. I take requests to review articles for Good status, but note that I may deny them depending on what other work I have lined up for myself (see below).
Want to collaborate? So do I! Shoot me a message and I'd be happy to help in any way I can.
Edge of Tomorrow, Monsters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Her, District 9, Godzilla, Prisoners, In Bruges, Seven Psychopaths, Enemy, Chronicle, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Nightcrawler, Birdman, 21 Jump Street, 22 Jump Street, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Mad Max: Fury Road, and Batman: Arkham Knightto Good Article status
- Maintain Suicide Squad until its release
- Keep reviewing at WP:GAN (go review articles now!)
- Keep working on getting accolade pages (specifically for
Her, The Wolf of Wall Street, Inside Llewyn Davis, and In Bruges) to Featured List status
- Bring Children of Men to FA status
- Be nicer
If you want my help with something but I'm too busy, away from Wikipedia, or just not answering (this won't happen often, but I miss things sometimes), these are people I work with frequently that will be able to help. Usually, they're more helpful than I am, so maybe skip me altogether and just talk to these fine folks. I've left a few notes for what I personally ask these editors for help on.
- (Basically my mentor; researching, expansion, big-budget films)
- (lists, accolade pages specifically)
- (cast sections)
- (bringing articles to GA, indie films)
- (clean up, reviewing)
- , , and (Marvel films)
- Works in progress
- User:Sock/12YAS Cast (cast section of 12 Years a Slave (film)
- User:Sock/Edge of Tomorrow (various sections of Edge of Tomorrow (film))
- User:Sock/Ethan Coen
- User:Sock/Joel Coen
- User:Sock/Neighbors (reception section of Neighbors (2014 film))
- Other's subpages/tools that I use
- Oscar-nominated films with no article (stuff to work on/create at some point)
- Things that make Thingg laugh, because they make me laugh too