User:Crtew/José Oquendo Reyes
||This is not a Wikipedia article: It is an individual user's work-in-progress page, and may be incomplete and/or unreliable.
For guidance on developing this draft, see Wikipedia:So you made a userspace draft. This draft was last edited 50 days ago .
|This article is the subject of an educational assignment at University of Southern Indiana supported by WikiProject Journalism and the Wikipedia Ambassador Program during the 2013 Q3 term. Further details are available on the course page.|
||This article uses bare URLs for citations, which may be threatened by link rot. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|José Oquendo Reyes|
|Died||14 September 2011
Pueblo Nuevo, Peru
|Employer||Radio Alas Peruanas & BTV Canal 45|
José Oquendo Reyes (born - 14 September 2011) was a Peruvian journalist who was murdered in Pueblo Nuevo, Peru, not far from his home in Chincha. There has been speculation that Jose's murder is in relation to his recent exposure of political corruption.
- Married to fellow journalist, Marina Juarez
- Producer and host of program "Without Borders" on BTV Canal 45
- Known for investigative work
José Oquendo Reyes, who is the host of the radio and TV show "Sin Fronteras", was murdered near Pueblo Nuevo from gunfire that was said to originate from two unknown men who were riding on a motorcycle. The local authorities investigated the involvement of two men days after the murder and made an arrest 10 days after his murder. While other reporters in Peru had recently received death threats before Oquendo Reyes' murder, his wife, who is the journalist Marina Juárez, was not aware of any threats to her husband.
After Reyes death, there were numerous concerns in regards to the recent rise in violence against journalists in Peru. As stated in UN , UNESCO Director General, Irina Bokova feels that is important that these authorities do not let these crimes go unpunished. Especially because fear and insecurity prevent journalists from providing society necessary information.
UNESCO ... 
IAPA ... 
- AFP: 
- Peruvian Times1 : 
- Peruvian Times2 : 
- Philstar: 
- Eldeber: 
- IBNS: 
- Eurasiareview: 
- RSF (English article): 
- RSF (different article in Spanish): 
- CPJ1: 
- CPJ2: 
- IFEX: 
- "Critical Journalist Gunned down in Peru". Committee to Protect Journalists. 2011-09-16. Retrieved 2012-03-15.
- http://www.philstar.com/breaking-news/727866/peruvian-journalist-killed-2nd-month Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "philstar" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "Press Group: Three Peru Journalists Threatened in September". Peruviantimes.com. 2011-10-08. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- "United Nations News Centre - Senior UN official voices concern at rising attacks on journalists in Peru". Un.org. 2011-09-20. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- Source: Unescopress (2011-09-20). "Director-General condemns murder of José Oquendo Reyes, the second Peruvian journalist killed in a week | United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization". Unesco.org. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- "IAPA angered at murder of journalist in Peru | SIP – Sociedad Interamericana de Prensa". Sipiapa.org. 2011-09-16. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- "Pérou: un deuxième journaliste tué en deux semaines | Amérique latine". Lapresse.ca. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- "Second Peru Journalist Shot to Death in Month". Peruviantimes.com. 2011-09-20. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- "RSF ve "muy preocupante" el asesinato de un tercer periodista en Perú". Eldeber.com.bo. 2011-09-16. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- "Attacks on journalists rising in Peru". Sify.com. 2011-09-20. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- "Peru: Disturbing Trend Seen In Third Murder Of Journalist This Year Eurasia Review". Eurasiareview.com. 2011-09-18. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- "Disturbing signal seen in third murder of a journalist this year - Reporters Without Borders". En.rsf.org. Retrieved 2013-10-10. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "RSF" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- Critical journalist gunned down in Peru (2011-09-16). "José Oquendo Reyes - Tag Results - Committee to Protect Journalists". Cpj.org. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- "Journalist killed in Chincha". IFEX. Retrieved 2013-10-10.