User:DPdH/Vickers Argentine Model 1938
||This is not a Wikipedia article: It is an individual user's work-in-progress page, and may be incomplete and/or unreliable.
For guidance on developing this draft, see Wikipedia:So you made a userspace draft. This draft was last edited eight months ago .
Finished writing a draft article? Are you ready to request an experienced editor review it for possible inclusion in Wikipedia?
Vickers Argentine Model 1938
|Light Tank Vickers "Argentine Model" 1938|
Argentine "Vickers" Tank Model 1938, in the preliminaries to the military parade on 9th July 1938
|Place of origin||United Kingdom|
|Crew||2 (commander, driver)|
|Armor||4 mm sides, 9 mm front and turret|
|1 Vickers CT machine gun, water cooled, caliber 7,65 mm, rate of fire 550 a 600 rounds/minute, with TBC rounds|
|Engine||Rolls Royce, 6 cylinders, gasoline
50 hp @ TBC rpm
|Suspension||Horstmann inclined springs|
The Vickers "Argentine Model 1938" tank was a variant of the Vickers Carden-Lloyd Commercial model 1934 light tank developed in United Kingdom during the interwar period for Argentina. It was the first tank used by the Argentine Army, serving between 1938 and 1946.
No example was preserved. A scale model from the 1930s exist in the collection of the "Museo de Armas de la Nacion" in Buenos Aires.
Footnotes and citations
- (in Spanish) Sigal Fogliani, Ricardo Jorge, Blindados Argentinos, de Uruguay y Paraguay, Ayer y Hoy Ediciones, Buenos Aires, 1997. ISBN 987-95832-7-2.
- Britain's Light Tanks, Model 1933, Model 1934, Model 1936, Model 1937 wwiivehicles.com (retrieved 2011-10-07)
- (in Spanish) Soldados Digital - Tanque Vickers. Colección Museo de Armas de la Nación (retrieved 2011-10-07)
- Great Britain's Light Tanks - TANKS! website (retrieved 2011-10-09)
- Image of a Vickers Carden-Loyd commercial mod.1934 light tank 1/72 model - wespemodels.ro (retrieved 2011-10-09)
- Images of Vickers Model 1934 (M38 Arg) (retrieved 2012-02-25)