This is the user sandbox of Dailyconversation. A user sandbox is a subpage of the user's user page. It serves as a testing spot and page development space for the user and is not an encyclopedia article. Create or edit your own sandbox here.
Writing an article and ready to request its creation?
|Genre||Fast food, Casual dining|
|Founder||John McGuire |
|Headquarters||Northville, Michigan, United States (1940 ), United States|
|Website||Guernsey Farms Dairy|
Guernsey Farms Dairy, often referred to as Guernsey, is both a restaurant and a name brand for high quality milk and ice cream. The restaurant is located in Northville, Michigan, while its ice cream and other products are located throughout Southeast Michigan stores and ice cream parlors. Guernsey is one of many Michigan businesses sporting the Pure Michigan logo on their products, with all of their dairy production earning the REAL® Seal.
Guernsey Farms Dairy milk and ice cream are offered for sale in nearly every major grocery chain surrounding Southeast Michigan, along with specialty grocery markets and several ice cream parlors. A July 2014 post on Guernsey's blog identifies twelve hand-dipped Guernsey ice cream locations in the Southeastern Michigan area. Their website includes a store locator.
Guernsey Farms Dairy gets their milk from cow farms in Lansing, Michigan. After the milk is processed by the McGuire family and their staff, the milk has about a twenty day shelf life, because the cows the milk comes from are free of bovine somatotropin (rBST).
Guernsey Farms Dairy makes over 38 flavors of ice cream and has no sugar added options for popular choices like vanilla, chocolate, and Moose Tracks. Their Butter Pecan Ice Cream was ranked in fifth place in People's 1984 list of the "30 Finest Flavors in the Land".
A popular slogan from the company:
"Quality isn't expensive, it's priceless."— John McGuire, Founder
Other products sold in stores
- French onion dip
- Plain yogurt
- Sour cream
- Founder of Guernsey Farms Dairy Dies Click on Detroit, 2011-11-02
- Guernsey Farms Dairy page: Our Story Retrieved 2014-07-29
- Guernsey Farms Dairy FAQ page Retrieved 2014-07-29
- REAL® U.S. Dairy Products Versus the Imitators REAL® Seal, Retrieved 2014-07-29
- Join us on our road trip to shops in Michigan serving hand dipped Guernsey ice cream Guernsey Farms Dairy, Retrieved 2014-08-11
- Guernsey Farms Dairy: Where to Buy Retrieved 2014-07-29
- 2013 Contest Top Winners - World Dairy Expo© Retrieved on 2014-07-28
- Guernsey Farms Dairy Ice Cream Flavors Retrieved 2014-08-12
- Here's the Scoop People.com, 1984-06-04
- Guernsey Farms Dairy Quality Retrieved 2014-08-12