I'm a postdoc at the University of Colorado Boulder. I'm a quantitative fluvial geomorphologist, though I trained as an undergrad as a straight geologist. I have also worked on planetary geomorphology, especially Mars landscape evolution.
As you can probably tell, I'm not particularly active on Wikipedia (too busy; aren't we all...), but here's my User Page nonetheless.
A (marginally) less half-arsed approach to my web presence can be found here on the CU Boulder servers.
Top trivia: my online alias is SiccarPoint. Yes, I am that cool.
Dan's To Do list:
Convolute bedding-> made a redirect
- Crater depth - update from Melosh
- Structure contours, and all the other names
- Late Veneer
Sensitive tint plate. See Info added mainly at waveplate, plus redirects
- Plucking (glaciation) needs some love. Also, where is fluvial plucking!?
- Lulworth crumple?
- Maybe an actual article on Recurring slope lineae (rather than just a bunch of redirects to Seasonal flows on warm Martian slopes
- Something on Cold-based glaciers
Make Terrain softening (Mars)- stub now in place Amazonian needs to be more than an imageless stub-looking pretty good now
- Sorting (sediment)
Sadler effect- now set up, and hopefully decent. Incoming links needed!
- Stream power law
- Outflow channels
Valley networks (Mars): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:DanHobley/Valley_networks_(Mars)DONE!
- Water on Mars- needs a major cleanup job! IN PROGRESS
- Debris flow. Needs "de-muddling".
- Geo-books of importance - Archbishop Ussher???,
Kelvin's age estimates, something by Buckland, Agassiz, William Smith, McKenzie's remarks on the movement of small melt fractions???
- Megaripples (& the fact they aren't dunes...)
- Regular ripples! Especially, e.g., climbing ripples, and formation mechanisms
- Improve Wikimedia geology/geomorph/Ladakh image bank
- Hydraulic geometry