- I founded the small Wiki Project Pirate Politics and I'm a member of Pirate Party UK.
- I also contribute to RationalWiki a bit
- I am the principle contributor to H+Pedia, the Humanity+ wiki on transhumanism
Various pages I've built have turned into ongoing projects to maintain, providing summaries of topic you can't get elsewhere on the internet.
Tor and Cybercrime
I research and write around cyber crime and dark web sites a fair bit these days, both on Wikipedia for core issues and RationalWiki for where it heads into original research. Some of these resources are pretty well populated as a result.
- Darknet and Dark web - inventorying this emergent territory which is currently underserved by Wikipedia - I wrote a guest article about this! ( I even wrote Skunked term off the back of this! )
- Darknet market - tracking the history and status of the dynamic underground markets that comprise it
- Carding (fraud) - not to be confused with the primary topic of Carding <_< - I wrote a guest article about this!
- List of Tor hidden services - I have populated about half of these
Things I still keep an eye on
- FairSearch - Lobbying group
- Digital Citizens Alliance - Lobbying group
- Political party affiliation in the United Kingdom - first ever comparison of political party membership restrictions in the UK
- Cyber-arms industry - the wider market for software exploits
- Transhumanist politics - I track events here
- Police Intellectual Property Crime Unit - Tracking the ongoing operations of the City of London Police, BPI etc. Doesn't exist anywhere else as far as I'm aware
- Web blocking in the United Kingdom - the only comprehensive list of UK programmes in existence. Referenced by blocked.org.uk from the Open Rights Group
- List of websites blocked in the United Kingdom - Related topic providing the most detail you'll find about blocked sites anywhere on the internet. It's not GreatFire.org, but it's still pretty good
These are things I built or did major work on that are in a good state and I don't care about personally maintaining any more.
- Freedom Hosting
- Deep Web (search)
- Block chain (database)
- Cryptocurrency tumbler
- Operation Onymous - seriously, there was no decent central list of sites affected until then
- Bitcoin Fog
- Notorious markets
- Zero-day (computing) - this used to be a mess!
- Comparison of content-control software and providers