I spend a lot of time researching and adding references to articles, especially to the List of visual kei bands and associated articles. My hope is to find references, get the information on the page, and allow other editors to do the polishing. I consider this page a help page for other editors, so I have a lot of references here. Feel free to use this page as a reference page.
- WP:FN - Explanation of how to add in-line citations
- Template:Infobox_musical_artist - Template for Infobox for Musical Artists
- MOS:JP - The manual of style for Japan-related articles
How to Search for Guidelines
One of the hardest parts of being a new editor is learning wikipedia policies and guidelines. What is even harder is FINDING them! If you click on the magnifying glass on the upper left hand side of any wikipedia page, you'll be taken to an advanced search page. To search for policies and guidelines, add your key words, and then uncheck Articles, Users, and Talk Pages. You want to search "Wikipedia". This is completely counter-intuitive, but that is how you search for the policies, guidelines, and manuals of style which are so important.
Online Sources for Japanese Music Related Articles:
- Oricon Style - You can search by artist to find their Albums and Singles that have charted on the Weekly charts. They also have articles about musicians. (Japanese)
- CD Journal (Japanese) - CD Reviews and Band Bios (Japanese)
- Barks - Band profiles and News Reports (Japanese)
- Yahoo! Japan Music (Japanese)
- Anime News Network - Sometimes carries news about bands (English)
- JAME - Good for interviews and news reports (English)
- Visuavi "Practical and readable country wide database covering visual kei artist's cds, videos, and goods". (Japanese)
- Bounce Di(s)ctionary Number 13 - Visual Kei (Japanese)
- HMV's Top 100 Japanese pops Artists with Band Histories (Japanese)
- Cure Magazine subject list - Good for finding out which issues to pull out and review. (Japanese)
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at