I started editing in 2006 and became an admin in 2012. I am inmate #94,871 . I have around 60,000 edits on all Wikimedia sites, and used to be in the top 1000 most active Wikipedians, but I'm not nearly as active as I once was due to real world constraints. Accounts DennisBrown, Pharmboy and Farmer Brown are also mine, and I have done a fair amount of minor work as an IP, and continue to for various reasons that are allowed under WP:SOCK#LEGIT. My tastes in editing are pretty eclectic, but often I edit articles on American culture, automobiles, military, geography, North Carolina topics and core articles (Dog, bear, tree, etc). I avoid political articles when editing, although I often use the admin tools to keep the peace on those articles. Please see the COI declaration at the bottom of the page for more info.
Other admins are free to revert my admin actions if it improves the encyclopedia or likely would have consensus. No prior permission is required, although I do expect a notification afterwards.
All questions about any admin action, by anyone, should be asked on my talk page rather than by email, unless there are privacy issues at stake.
In the interest of openness, here are my stats.
|User rights modified||31|
- User:Dennis Brown/Meld (cooking)
- List of festivals in North Carolina
- Fayetteville Dogwood Festival
- User:Dennis Brown/Articles
- User:Dennis Brown/Texas Pete Twin City RibFest
- User:Dennis Brown/Articles/American automobile industry in the 1960s (need to get to GA)
- User:Dennis Brown/Pheasant under glass
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Women in Red
- User:Dennis Brown/The malaise speech
Essays I've started
- WP:Don't bludgeon the process
- WP:Communication is required
- WP:IP addresses are not people
- WP:Dealing with sock puppets (aka WP:SOCKHELP)
Stuff I've done
Conflict of interest
Everyone has a conflict of interest of some kind, I'm just stating mine. I own Solacure, a company that produces ultraviolet products for UV curing, materials aging, and horticulture (cannabis in particular). I've also spent 25 years designing tanning beds and lamps, and other UV products, as well as 633nm red light therapy systems and similar products. While I'm not crazy about the phrase, I am considered somewhat of an expert on many ultraviolet topics, thus I will edit in these areas. I will not edit in a way that compromises the integrity of Wikipedia nor furthers my financial interests. If you have any question about my editing in these areas, simply bring it up on my talk page and I will address it.