Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
|Search user languages|
Currently working on
Articles I've started or expanded
Articles I've reworked
Things to do
- Generally fill in gaps and build out the pages for American ornithologists, botanists, and other naturalists, especially women.
- Get a definitive spelling of John Livzey Ridgway's middle name.
- Master the layout of my userboxes.
Periodic maintenance and wikignoming
- Clean up the references to "Smithsonian Institute." Most recent check: 13 January 2018
- Clean up the references to "Brookings Institute." Most recent check: 13 January 2018
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Birds/Article requests/People
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Women scientists/Worklist
- Redlinks from BDWAS User:Rich_Farmbrough/bdws
Edit-a-thons and Meetups
- Wikipedia:Meetup/Women_in_Red/9 and Wikipedia:WikiProject_Women_in_Red/Botany April 2016
- Wikipedia:Meetup/DC/Black_History_Month_First_Edit_at_NPR February 2016
- Wikipedia:Meetup/Women in Red/4 November 2015
- Wikipedia:Meetup/DC/Hispanic Heritage First Edit at NPR October 2015
- Wikipedia:Meetup/DC/NPR_Black_History_Month February 2015
- Articles on my Trello backlog
- Arthur Cleveland Bent is surprisingly short on details.
- There is no article for the moss genus Syntrichia -- somewhat surprising considering the recent article about Syntrichia caninervis http://www.nature.com/articles/nplants201676
- Chester Albert Reed Chester Albert Reed
- Adolphus Lewis Heermann 
- Kenneth Carroll Parkes -- listed in Wikipedia:WikiProject Birds/Article requests/People
- Abel Joel Grout, protégé of Elizabeth Gertrude Britton
- Nuttall Ornithological Club is a stub
- Lynds Jones http://blog.biodiversitylibrary.org/2015/01/the-most-influential-birder-most-of-us.html
- Jay Norwood Darling
- Need an article specifically about Chandler Robbins's North American Breeding Bird Survey
- Robert Gilbert (photographer) of nature, colleague of William Brewster http://www.bookslut.com/nonfiction/2007_03_010787.php John Hanson Mitchell (2007), Looking for Mr. Gilbert
- Don Eckleberry
- Hattie Bell Merrill
- Minna E. Jewell
- Caroline Gray Soule
- Robert Fowler Hall
- Angie Beckwith
- Jacob Green (1790-1841) naturalist and chemist
- Melbourne Armstrong Carriker
- Miscellaneous notes
- The Times obit for Herbert Zim obscures the distinction between the Golden Guides for younger readers and the field guides.
- Why is the entry for field mark nothing more than a stub?
- Why is there no reference for List of authors of names published under the ICZN? Maybe it's more complicated than the botany list. Is there indeed an authoritative list of author (abbreviations)? I see two Richardsons, for instance.
- a bird sanctuary is not really the same thing as an animal sanctuary, as we have defined that term
- There is a note on the Patuxent Wildlife Research Center article to make it more encyclopedic.
- I have some materials that could bolster the article on Huntley Meadows Park.
- In Memoriam at The Life and Legacy of Rachel Carson
- Bird Phenology Program observer bios
- Smithsonian Bird Division Hall of Fame
- Online resources about Women in Science
- Flickr photoset from the Smithsonian of Women in Science
- BHL Notable Women in Natural History
- Bonta, Marcia Myers (1991), Women in the Field: America's Pioneering Women Naturalists, College Station, TX: Texas A&M Univ. Press
- Bailey, Martha J. (1994), American Women in Science: A Biographical Dictionary, Denver, Colorado: ABC-CLIO, ISBN 0-87436-740-9