|Wikipedia ads||file info – #182|
I grew up in Montebello, California, second generation Angeleno. My great grandparents emigrated from Germany in the 1800s. I represented California in "The Federation for Peace" conference in South Korea & in India. I have Cubital tunnel syndrome, and after 2 surgeries it worsens, so please forgive numb hands and typos.;-) Graduated Summa Cum Laude from California State University in 1996. I work part time in a mortuary. Gallows humor is a survival mode often used to lighten the load of the work that we do.
- In my work as a Hospice Minister, I am often unavailable for several days at a time. Please take this into consideration when attempting to place a time limit on any request for a response.
- In March of 2013, I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. After a partial Mastectomy I am still battling due to the HER2/neu. Chemo Brain Post-chemotherapy cognitive impairment (VERY misleading Title!) is definitely NOT fun!
What is the difference between God and doctors? God doesn't think he is a doctor.
I am continuously learning the intricacies of Wikipedia, NOTHING should be this complicated; trolls are the epitome of evil. Baseless accusations still stun me. You are NOT paranoid if they are REALLY out to get you!
- In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the stakes at issue. Sayre's law
- Please feel free to shorten my name to "Doc" not DOS. UGH. That is so PC and I am so MAC! ;-) TY Pablo!
- In deference to Doc #1 please make that Doc #2 ;-) And Yes, I do have a Doctorate.
- IF ONLY I HAD KNOWN...
My other personal project is to educate people about Ovarian Cancer It Whispers - so listen carefully . . . Watch for -
- Pelvic or abdominal pain or discomfort;
- vague but persistent gastrointestinal upsets such as gas, nausea, and indigestion;
- frequency and/or urgency of urination in the absence of an infection;
- unexplained weight gain or weight loss;
- pelvic and/or abdominal swelling, bloating and/or feeling of fullness;
- ongoing unusual fatigue; Do NOT chalk it up to depression!
- unexplained changes in bowel habits.
- If symptoms persist for more than 2 weeks, ask your doctor for a combination pelvic/rectal exam and
- and trans-vaginal ultrasound. A CA-125 blood test is not infallible. More on new test as I find it.
A pap test WILL NOT detect ovarian cancer.
When you're 50 you start thinking about things you haven't thought about before. I used to think getting old was about vanity- but actually it's about losing people you love... ( Joyce Carol Oates]
- A heart of gold stopped beating, Two shiny brown eyes at rest, God broke my heart to prove, He only takes the best ♥ R.I.P. TES
My Twin Baby Sister died 02-24-10, My heart hurts, please be patient with me. August 15, 2010 siblings seem intent in killing me off too, more hurt... August 19, 2010. Tes said: "I want to live until your Birthday, so we can go to Disneyland!" It would be today... September 16, 2010, Grief will steal your brain, sigh...Loss & Grief changes who you are, forever... 9 December 2010, You get used to the pain, a part of your everyday life...but it NEVER stops... 11:54, 9 January 2011, it's a long long way to acceptance — DocOfSoc • Talk • 08:33, 7 June 2011 (UTC)
- Give sorrow words the grief that does not speak:
- Whispers the o'er-fraught heart, and bids it break.''--Malcolm, Act IV, DocOfSoc (talk) 06:47, 10 January 2011 (UTC)
|The Barnstar of Diligence|
|For untiring thoroughness in updating the fast-moving City of Bell salary controversy article through its various stops, starts, and permutations. GeorgeLouis (talk) 00:03, 27 September 2011 (UTC)|
|The Random Acts of Kindness Barnstar|
|You always try to remain polite, even in controversies. Keep up the good work. --CrohnieGal Talk 14:21, 26 June 2010 (UTC) You deserve this!|
|The Mensch's Barnstar|
|When you first became an editor you had lots of obstacles to over come with being under constant attack, but you did it. You have come such a long way during your time here. You are a good editor who is also a great asset to the project. Keep up your good work. --CrohnieGalTalk 14:28, 23 October 2010 (UTC)|
|The Special Barnstar|
|Deserved for sure. Cheers... Doc9871 (talk) 11:05, 23 July 2010 (UTC)|
|The Special Barnstar|
|Happy New Year! --AFriedman (talk) 19:13, 4 January 2010 (UTC)|
|The Teamwork Barnstar|
|Thank you for your collective initiative in improving Andriza Mircovich. KimChee (talk) 18:32, 19 November 2010 (UTC)|
DocOfSoc has been identified as an Awesome Wikipedian,
A record of your Day will always be kept here.
My User Boxes