Dollar Cravings is the value menu of American fast-food restaurant Taco Bell. Dollar Cravings was launched August 18, 2014 in reaction to the new McDonald's and Wendy's value/dollar menus.
The current menu contains 11 food items. Dollar Cravings replaced Taco Bell's previous value menu Why Pay More. A Taco Bell spokesperson said few of the food items from the Why Pay More menu will remain in Dollar Cravings.
Food items on the Dollar Cravings include:
|Beefy Fritos Burrito||A burrito with ground beef, cilantro rice, nacho cheese sauce, and Fritos corn chips.||$1|
|Beefy Mini Quesadilla||A quesadilla with shredded beef, shredded cheese, and chipotle sauce.||$1|
|Caramel Apple Empanadas||Apple empanadas covered in caramel sauce.||$1|
|Cheesy Bean & Rice Burrito||A burrito with cilantro rice, beans, nacho cheese, and jalapeño sauce.||$1|
|Cheesy Roll Up||A sandwich wrap of three melted cheeses.||$1|
|Cinnabon Delights||Two cinnamon rolls covered in cinnamon and sugar, while filled with cream cheese frosting.||$1|
|Cinnamon Twists||Corn twists with cinnamon and sugar.||$1|
|Shredded Chicken Mini Quesadilla||A quesadilla with shredded chicken, shredded cheese, and chipotle sauce.||$1|
|Spicy Potato Soft Taco||A soft-shell taco with potato, lettuce, chipotle sauce, and shredded Cheddar cheese.||$1|
|Spicy Tostada||A tostada with beans, red sauce, chipotle sauce, lettuce, shredded Cheddar cheese, and tomato.||$1|
|Triple Layer Nachos||Nachos fried and covered with beans, red sauce, and nacho cheese.||$1|
Canadian Internet news service Digital Journal considered the new menu "a strategy to attract the youth, who had cut down quick-service restaurant visits in the past few years due to low-disposable income amid the sluggishly recovering economy."
- Brad Tuttle (18 August 2014). "Taco Bell Breathes New Life Into Fast-Food Dollar Menus - Money.com". Time (magazine). Retrieved 2014-08-25.
- Leslie Patton (15 August 2014). "Taco Bell to Introduce Dollar Menu Nationwide - Bloomberg". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2014-08-25.
- Ashley Lutz (15 August 2014). "Taco Bell Dollar Menu New - Business Insider". Business Insider. Retrieved 2014-08-25.
- "In brief: Gore accuses Al-Jazeera of fraud - Houston Chronicle". Houston Chronicle. 15 August 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-25.
- Katie Little (23 August 2014). "These restaurant items cost only $1". CNBC. Retrieved 2014-08-25.
- Zacks Equity Research (20 August 2014). "Taco Bell's Dollar Cravings Menu Fuels Fast-Food Pricing War - Analyst Blog". Digital Journal. Retrieved 2014-08-25.
- Bruce Horovitz (15 August 2014). "Will new Taco Bell dollar deals chew up competition? - America's Markets". USA Today. Retrieved 2014-08-25.
- Maureen Morrison (15 August 2014). "Taco Bell Takes $1 Cravings Menu National - News - Advertising Age". Advertising Age. Retrieved 2014-08-25.
- Chris Katje (19 August 2014). "Yum Brands Needs Taco Bell's Strength To Outshine China Food Worries - YUM! Brands, Inc. (NYSE:YUM) - Seeking Alpha". Seeking Alpha. Retrieved 2014-08-25.
- Elaine Low (20 August 2014). "How To Be A Fast-Food Pearl In A Chipotle World YUM MCD CMG BKW - Investors.com". Investor's Business Daily. Retrieved 2014-08-25.
- David Griner (21 August 2014). "I Ate Taco Bell's Entire New Dollar Menu in One Sitting, and Here's What I Learned - Adweek". Adweek. Retrieved 2014-08-25.
- Chris Morran (22 August 2014). "5 Best Lines From Review Of Entire Taco Bell Dollar Menu – Consumerist". The Consumerist. Retrieved 2014-08-25.
|This restaurant-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|