This is the user sandbox of Dollyofthesea. A user sandbox is a subpage of the user's user page. It serves as a testing spot and page development space for the user and is not an encyclopedia article. Create or edit your own sandbox here.
Writing an article and ready to request its creation?
|Education||Imperial College London
Cheriyan received a Bachelor of Science in Electronic and Electrical Engineering as well as his Master of Science and Master of Philosophy degrees in Management from Imperial College in London.
Cheriyan joined SunTrust Banks, Inc., in 2012. Prior to joining SunTrust Banks, Inc., he worked for IBM Global Business Services, where he served as Senior Partner serving financial services industry clients and led a variety of business systems transformation, technology and process re-engineering initiatives.  Prior to joining IBM in 2002, he was a Partner with PricewaterhouseCoopers Consulting (PwCC) and served in leadership roles on a variety of systems, customer information, data warehousing and e-business engagements.  He has been President since December 12, 2008, CEO since April 2011, and Chairman since January 1, 2012, replacing James M. Wells, III. The bank has $32 billion in local deposits and 187 area branches.  In 2012, under his first year of tenure, profits jumped to US$1.96 billion, partly thanks to the sale of shares in the Coca-Cola Company.
He has been a Director of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta since January 1, 2012. He has served on the Board of Directors, as well as Audit and Compensation Committees of Books-A-Million, the second largest chain of bookstores in the United States, since November 2000.
He formerly sat on the Board of Trustees of The Lovett School. He is the Chair of the Board of Directors for Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta, and sits on the Board of Trustees of the Woodruff Arts Center in Atlanta.
In 2012, he earned US$2.83 million.
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek
- Forbes 2012
- SunTrust Banks Board of Directors
- The Boys and Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta
- Operation Hope
- Sara Lepro, Can New CEO Keep SunTrust Independent?, American Banker, April 2011
- Rogers named SunTrust chairman, Memphis Business Journal, November 16, 2011
- SunTrust Q3 earnings spike to $1.07 billion on Coca-Cola sale, Atlanta Business Chronicle, October 12, 2012
- Jacques Couret, SunTrust profit jumps to $1.96B in 2012, Atlanta Business Chronicle, Jan 18, 2013
- Books-A-Million company profile
- Jacques Couret, Woodruff Arts Center names 12 trustees, Atlanta Business Chronicle, June 07, 2012
Category:Living people Category:Year of birth missing (living people) Category:Businesspeople from Atlanta Category:University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill alumni Category:Georgia State University alumni Category:American bankers Category:American businesspeople Category:Federal Reserve Bank people