|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:DopefishJustin.
I'm Justin Kerk. I live in Parksville, British Columbia. You can think of me as the janitor of Wikipedia. I rarely write anything new, but if someone feels compelled to write for an encyclopedia despite a third-grade command of written English, or helpfully deletes text added by a vandal but doesn't notice that half the article is still missing, or changes all the Chinese into gibberish because his computer was manufactured during the Reagan Administration, or uploads a bunch of photos from Google Image Search because he thinks copyright is something his Xerox won't do when it runs out of toner, I'm the guy who notices while trying to get other things done and has to go back and fix it all. You've probably never interacted with me because I avoid the drama-laden Wikipedia community, but you've probably read something I've touched - I've been here since 2003 and I've made over 7,000 edits, putting me in the top 2,000 editors.
I have particular expertise in the area of Unicode and related character set issues and have an array of relevant software utilities, so if you can't tell U+0041 LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A from U+0391 GREEK CAPITAL LETTER ALPHA or can't for the life of you figure out how to type a ξ, I'm your man.
- 1 Handy stuff
- 2 TODO
- 3 Articles I've written
- 4 Articles I've overhauled (incomplete)
- 5 Images I've uploaded
- 6 References
- 7 External links
ā á ǎ à a Ā Á Ǎ À A ē é ě è e Ē É Ě È E ī í ǐ ì i Ī Í Ǐ Ì I ō ó ǒ ò o Ō Ó Ǒ Ò O ū ú ǔ ù u Ū Ú Ǔ Ù U ǖ ǘ ǚ ǜ ü Ǖ Ǘ Ǚ Ǜ Ü
ā ē ō ū Ā Ē Ō Ū
This is stuff I've noticed and am capable of doing but haven't had time to deal with yet.
Stuff anyone can do
Feel free to beat me to any of this stuff, just strike it out afterwards.
- Check dates on List of Norwegian monarchs - the dates in Sweyn I of Denmark at least don't match up
- Go on a crusade fixing long vowels in anime articles to conform with Wikipedia:Manual of Style for Japan-related articles (try Special:Whatlinkshere/Shoujo for a start)
Stuff I need to do
This is more open-ended stuff where the list item is only a reminder and not an exhaustive description of the task. If you were planning on doing any of this stuff, don't wait on my account, because I'll be slow to get around to most of it.
- Expand Magnavox Odyssey² to discuss the games, especially K.C. Munchkin!, also discuss homebrew development, the multicart, the superlative marketing, the Odyssey³, ...
- Make sure stuff is listed at List of Japan-related articles [unnecessary now that categories exist?]
- Add more formats to Graphics file formats using Category:Graphics file formats
- Replace Image:PacManCrt260007052004.jpg with a decent scan
- List the weird badly drawn images at Category:Promotional images at WP:IFD
Articles I've written
Articles I've overhauled (incomplete)
- Apogee Software
- Bread clip
- Commander Keen
- Duke Nukem
- H game
- Magnavox Odyssey²
Images I've uploaded
Explorations in Bible Lands During the 19th Century
The Gist of Japan
|Multi-licensed with the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License versions 1.0 and 2.0|
|I agree to multi-license my text contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license version 1.0 and version 2.0. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions under the Creative Commons terms, please check the CC dual-license and Multi-licensing guides.|