Ribbit. I'm dr.frog. Here are some of the things I've been working on while lounging on my lily pad:
Discovery and exploration: Jeanne Baré, Philibert Commerçon, Louis Antoine de Bougainville, John Franklin, Open Polar Sea, Northwest Passage, George Nares, scurvy, Robert Peary, Frederick Cook, Charles Francis Hall, category:Explorers of the Pacific, Edgar Evans, Henry Robertson Bowers, Edward Ratcliffe Garth Russell Evans, 1st Baron Mountevans, William Lashly, George Back
Figure skating: I have quite a large library of figure skating books and magazines, and have been transferring some of that information to Wikipedia articles. Some years ago now I wrote many of the WP articles on the technical side of the sport and more recently have shifted my focus to skaters and events of the past.
- General: figure skating, ice dancing, synchronized skating, figure skate, Sabena Flight 548, Stars on Ice, Champions on Ice, Holiday on Ice, Disney on Ice, Broadway on Ice, Ice Follies, United States Figure Skating Association, Skate Canada, figure skating club, Skating Club of Boston, Philadelphia Skating Club and Humane Society, Broadmoor Skating Club, Ice Theatre of New York, An Evening with Champions, figure skating competition, kiss and cry, Edinburgh Skating Club
- Figure skating events: North American Figure Skating Championships, ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating, World Junior Figure Skating Championships, 1959 United States Figure Skating Championships, 1960 United States Figure Skating Championships, 1961 United States Figure Skating Championships, 1962 United States Figure Skating Championships, 1961 European Figure Skating Championships, 1963 World Figure Skating Championships, 1965 United States Figure Skating Championships, 1970 United States Figure Skating Championships, Richmond Trophy, St. Ivel International, Kennedy Memorial Winter Games
- Figure skating elements: compulsory figures, axel jump, lutz jump, loop jump, toe loop jump, salchow jump, flip jump, walley jump, mohawk turn, choctaw turn, bracket turn, rocker turn, counter turn, twizzle, special figures, edge pull, hydroblading, moves in the field, figure skating jump, crossover, compulsory dances
- Skaters and coaches: Dick Button, John Curry, Carlo Fassi, Gus Lussi, Michelle Kwan, Katarina Witt, Tonya Harding, Tamara Moskvina, Janet Lynn, Jan Hoffmann, Linda Fratianne, Tara Lipinski, Nicole Bobek, Richard Callaghan, Tenley Albright, Carol Heiss, Slavka Kohout, Jill Trenary, Elaine Zayak, Yuka Sato, Ondrej Nepela, John Misha Petkevich, Katherine Healy, Galina Zmievskaya, Ronald Ludington, Mary Scotvold, Tracey Wainman, Alice Cook (figure skater), Edi Scholdan, Sonja Henie, Jack Dunn (figure skater), Hedy Stenuf, Hilde Holovsky, Liselotte Landbeck, Nancy Kerrigan, Midori Ito, Nancy Heiss, Debbi Wilkes, Guy Revell, Paulette Doan, Kenneth Ormsby, Dorothyann Nelson, Pieter Kollen, Patti Gustafson, Reginald Wilkie, Robert Munz, Roger Berry (figure skater), Peter Betts, Yvonne Littlefield, Stanley Urban, Sally Schantz
- Other skating people: Marie-Reine Le Gougne, Ottavio Cinquanta, James Disbrow, David Dore, Walter S. Powell, Deane McMinn
You can visit my personal web site at frogsonice.com.