From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An incomplete record of major contributions of mine. Please see Special:Contributions/Draicone. From latest onwards, hopefully updated regularly. Some points to are bolded.
- September 11, 2006: Brought Wikipedia:Articles for undeletion (a policy proposed by User:Alphax) to a established draft (see ).
- September 3, 2006: Established Wikipedia:WikiProject Wikify/Backlog cleanup taskforce. Currently in operation and appears to be effective.
- September 3, 2006: Started establishing User:Draicone/WikiProject Reference Help after suggestions on the Wikipedia-l mailing list.
- August 19, 2006: A new user, User:Derek Cormier I believe, did not want Starving Jesus deleted. Many (if not most) votes in the AfD were delete. I did some basic wikification and voted Strong Keep, since the user's addition of an ISBN meant that the existence of the book was verifiable, and other comments in the AfD suggested it was notable enough. I then pointed out everything on the user's talk page, including his application to use AWB (with less than 50 edits, I wasn't so sure he'd be accepted, so I kindly pointed it out to him). The user later awarded me a barnstar.
- August 19, 2006: Major wikify of St Peters Chorale  (Note: I am member of the Chorale).
- August 19, 2006: A bit of basic wikifying to clear out the april 2006 backlog. , , , , .
- August 16 - 18, 2006: Accidentally began arguing with a newbie who didn't want an article deleted and launched personal attacks upon editors who didn't support his point of view in the AfD. See Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Sgha, his contribs, his first edit.
- August 16, 2006: Joined Wikipedia:MWT development team, learned a fair bit about moving pages, double redirects, and handling mediawiki pages in VB. I have since become a major contributor to development and project handling.
- August 15, 2006: Ran the AID rollover.
- August 15, 2006: Vandal-fighting run with VP2.
- August 11, 2006: Did a big WP:AID maintenance run, archiving a fair few candidates. Made a mistake with on archived nomination - Death - nominator brought it to my attention and I put it back up, giving it extra time for a fair nomination.
- August 6 - 7, 2006: Did a WP:RETF AWB spellcheck run.
- August 5, 2006: Wikipedia:WikiProject Wikify created using LBITUK's draft. Helped start up the wikiproject and get it going, did a lot of technical work with templates, parser functions etc.
- Late July - Early August, 2006: Did a fair bit of work with making templates and the like on WP:BDC. Still watch the page a bit, but I'm not as active on the project as I used to be.
- About a week from July 28, 2006: Hung around Wikipedia:Requests for adminship/Phaedriel 2 a lot, and updated vote counts on WP:100 and WP:200 to join the Phaedriel-RfA fever.
- July 22-24, 2006: Did a lot of disambiguation link repair, I think the problem article was Domain
- July 22, 2006: Created an entry at Wikipedia:Requests for adminship/Standards for User:Draicone/RfA Standards
- July 20, 2006: Mistakenly welcomed a whole range of users without realising that there wasn't much point unless they had made edits, and one of them may have violated username policy (which, at the time, i was not aware of)
- July 10, 2006: Major rewrite+wikify of OpenTV (which, oddly enough, I had to tag for wikification again just now). See  for final diff.
- July 9, 2006: Spellcheck run with AWB.
- July 7, 2006: Dealt with a Simon Hackett sockpuppet attack. Labelled all 15 or so accounts involved as sockpuppets and requested for page protection.
- July 3, 2006: Made a mistake warning a user for what I assumed was vandalism on Jean-Jacques Tizié. User:Konstable informed me otherwise and struck my vandalism warnings, and I thank him for doing so.