Learn to contribute by taking an interstellar journey through Wikipedia! Full of real skills, tips, tools, tricks, helpers, sources, rewards, and support. Start the Adventure!
- The Teahouse: helpful and friendly environment to ask your first basic questions about contributing to Wikipedia.
- Help:Cheatsheet: examples of basic formatting that are used most often when editing.
- Help: Wikipedia: The Missing Manual
- Expectations and norms of the Wikipedia community
- "Encyclopedia Frown". Auerbach, David (11 Dec. 2014). Slate.
- "Wikipedia Editors Call Out the Site's Abuse Problems". Reader, Ruth (18 May 2016). Mic.
- "Wikipedia Editor Says Site’s Toxic Community Has Him Contemplating Suicide". Koebler, Jason (17 May 2016). Vice.
- Suicide.org - List of international suicide hotlines.
- Meta:Support and Safety
- Wikipedia:Simplified ruleset
- Wikipedia:Help desk: for technical questions about using Wikipedia (how to edit, images, categories etc.)
- WP:Village pump: for questions about Wikipedia policies, guidelines or operations
- WP:Reference desk: for questions about subjects other than Wikipedia (including topics covered in the articles contained therein)
- WP:Administrators' noticeboard: to report a problem (vandalism, etc.)
- Question help: to find out more about where to ask questions or make comments on Wikipedia
- Help:Contents/Directory: all of the help pages. Everything.
- WP:Dispute resolution: resolve disputes or potential conflicts
- Wikipedia:Starting an article: guide and tips for creating new articles
- Sixty ways to help new editors - Wikimedia Blog (from discussion @ Wikimania 2014)
- Help:Using the Wayback Machine: to recover some lost, moved or deleted pages on the Web (helpful for dead links).
- Wikipedia:User page design center
- News and notes: Fundraising, flora and fauna
- Discussion report: Cultivating leadership: Wikimedia Foundation seeks input
- Technology report: Upcoming tech projects for 2017
- Traffic report: Debates and escapes
- Recent research: A 2011 study resurfaces in a media report
- Featured content: Variety is the spice of life
Motto of the day :
- MediaWiki API
- Above have hard limit on number of entries provided & thus may require frequent polling
- User:Zhaofeng Li/reFill — incredibly helpful tool which automates the task of filling-out text for bare URLs used as references
This bucket of bolts
$ telnet telnet.wmflabs.org— telnet to Wikipedia.
- Server Admin Log (wikitech.wikimedia.org)
- Current status Wikimedia Foundation - Core services (status.wikimedia.org)
- WMF Status Dashboards - perf mon (gdash.wikimedia.org)
- Wikitech (wikitech.wikimedia.org)
- Special:Version: shows the version of the software the site is currently running, and a listing of extensions installed
- Wikimedia Code Review (gerrit.wikimedia.org)
- Wikimedia Phabricator (phabricator.wikimedia.org)
Quotations related to J. R. "Bob" Dobbs at Wikiquote
Works related to Anarchism at Wikisource
Media related to Mass Surveillance at Wikimedia Commons
- Internet censorship and surveillance by country
- 2013 mass surveillance disclosures
- Aftermath of the global surveillance disclosure
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Indigenous peoples of the Americas.|
NOTE: If viewing on a Wikimedia mobile client in portrait-mode, one may need to swipe left to see all entries in table below.