|This user is away and stuck in a very cold place but will return shortly. Please send St. Bernards with barrels filled with brandy.|
An interstellar journey through Wikipedia. Full of real skills, tips, tools, tricks, helpers, sources, rewards, and support. Start the Adventure!
- Help: Wikipedia: The Missing Manual
- Expectations and norms of the Wikipedia community
- "Encyclopedia Frown". Auerbach, David (11 Dec. 2014). Slate.
- Wikipedia:Simplified ruleset
- The Teahouse: to ask your first basic questions about contributing to Wikipedia
- Wikipedia:Help desk: for technical questions about using Wikipedia (how to edit, images, categories etc.)
- WP:Village pump: for questions about Wikipedia policies, guidelines or operations
- WP:Reference desk: for questions about subjects other than Wikipedia (including topics covered in the articles contained therein)
- WP:Administrators' noticeboard: to report a problem (vandalism, etc.)
- Question help: to find out more about where to ask questions or make comments on Wikipedia
- Help:Cheatsheet: examples of basic formatting that are used most often when editing
- Help:Contents/Directory: all of the help pages. Everything.
- WP:Dispute resolution: resolve disputes or potential conflicts
- Wikipedia:Starting an article: guide and tips for creating new articles
- Sixty ways to help new editors - Wikimedia Blog (from discussion @ Wikimania 2014)
- Help:Using the Wayback Machine: to recover some lost, moved or deleted pages on the Web (helpful for dead links).
- Wikipedia:User page design center
- From the editors: Help wanted
- Special report: Board chair and new trustee speak with the Signpost
- Traffic report: Bowled
- Featured content: This week's featured content
- Arbitration report: Catching up on arbitration
Motto of the day :
Wherever you go... there you are.
Using the advanced settings of Google, you can use it to search Wikipedia much more effectively than Wikipedia's search box. Simply enter the desired search term(s) at Google, then go to Google's advanced search screen and insert Wikipedia's URL (web address) into the "Domain" box, and click "Google search."
|Using external search engines|
This bucket of bolts
- Server Admin Log (wikitech.wikimedia.org)
- Current status Wikimedia Foundation - Core services (status.wikimedia.org)
- WMF Status Dashboards - perf mon (gdash.wikimedia.org)
- Wikitech (wikitech.wikimedia.org)
- Special:Version: shows the version of the software the site is currently running, and a listing of extensions installed
- Wikimedia Code Review (gerrit.wikimedia.org)
- Wikimedia Phabricator (phabricator.wikimedia.org)
Quotations related to J. R. "Bob" Dobbs at Wikiquote
Works related to Anarchism at Wikisource
Media related to Mass Surveillance at Wikimedia Commons
- Internet censorship and surveillance by country
- 2013 mass surveillance disclosures
- Aftermath of the global surveillance disclosure
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Indigenous peoples of the Americas.|