|Current Peru Collaboration Effort|
|The current collaboration is:|
Lima, is the capital and largest city of Peru. It is located in the valleys of the Chillón, Rímac and Lurín rivers; on a desertic coast overlooking the Pacific Ocean. It forms a contiguous urban area with the seaport of Callao.
|Help select the next collaboration now!
Nominate an article you think needs improvement or vote for one of the candidates here.
Greetings fellow Wikipedians! A little bit about my self... I'm a Peruvian-born guy hailing from the city of Arequipa. My parents immigrated to the United States when I was still very young, which left me rather ignorant about my native country in general. I grew up most of my life in Los Angeles, California, taking short vacation trips to South America with my family every now and then. Although I've been online since late 1995, it was while conducting research for an Anthropology class project that I found Wikipedia on 2004, and did my first edit on Feb 12, 2005 to Arequipa. Since then my edits have been to articles concerning the history (since the Spanish conquest) and current state of events of Latin America, with a specific focus on Peru. I've also done some very minor edits to other articles of my interests, such as Politics, Geography, Biographies, Music (of all types), etc.
Some articles which I have created, translated, or expanded in some way:
- Francisco Pizarro
- Estadio Nacional (Lima)
- National Library of Peru
- Caretas Newsmagazine
- Garcí Manuel de Carbajal
- The Ransom Room
- UNSA Stadium (Arequipa)
- Estadio Monumental "U"
- Spanish conquest of Peru
- Mariano Melgar
- Augusto B. Leguía
- Fernando Belaúnde Terry
- Luis Miguel Sánchez Cerro
- Eduardo López de la Romaña
- Mariano Ignacio Prado
- Nicolás de Piérola
Other articles of my general interest:
- International Space Station
- The Economist respected publication...
- Mario Vargas Llosa
- Moai interesting huh? Chile in 2006!
- Inca Garcilaso de la Vega One of the first Mestizos of the New World.
- Inca Kola "Peru's national drink"
Articles which I plan to expand or create:
- Fray Martín de Murúa needs to get started
- Mummy Juanita needs to get started
- Inca Empire needs more contributions! any more facts or corrections?
- List of Presidents of Peru added bits of information, needs much work..
- Arequipa more could be added about its local culture
- Machu Picchu could use more copyediting
- Bartolomé de Las Casas can someone talk about De thesauris in Peru ?
- Cusco could use more images.