|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user whom this page is about may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
I prefer anonymity and random edits of pages I find interesting yet lacking in some small regard.
The IPAc-en template is great for those non-linguists among us who do not have the IPA alphabet memorized. It should be used wherever possible!
It's a shame that diacritical marks like ö, è, é are harder to reach on a keyboard.
Digraphs to graphemes
I þink þorn (Þ þ) should be brought back to represent the voiceless dental fricative // ("thick," "thin" → "þick," "þin"), and eð (Ð ð) for the voiced dental fricative // ("this," "father" → "ðis," "faðer"). Insular g, Ᵹ ᵹ, might be worþ using to distinguish between hard (//) and soft (//) variants of the phoneme. All right, maybe not. I'm not completely crazy, ðough, so you won't find me advocating for a return of wynn (Ƿ ƿ) for //, or suggesting the ȝse of ȝogh (Ȝ ȝ) for //.
Ligatures like æ and œ are okay with me, too.
Something I want to keep handy
Chen Rong's handscroll from ca. 1244, Nine Dragons, ink and some red on paper. The entire scroll is 46.3 by 1,096.4 centimetres (1.52 ft × 35.97 ft)! Located in the Museum of Fine Art in Boston, Mass.
Someday I'll get around to working on this timeline of American cruiser classes: User:Dziban303/Timeline of cruisers of the United States Navy
I did a lot of maintenance on the GOES satellite articles.
Lowering the radome
- Timeline of battleships of the United States Navy
- Timeline of aircraft carriers of the United States Navy
- Timeline of aircraft carriers of the United States Navy with names — an alternate version which displays the ship's name as well as her hull number.
Needs work to move text off the bars. I'm not sure how to do that.
- Timeline of aircraft carriers of the Royal Navy
- Timeline of battleships of the Royal Navy — Needs to be made!
- Timeline of battleships of the Imperial Japanese Navy — Needs to be made! Sources:
- Attackers – Kind of pointless