- 1 Selected photos
- 2 Musings
- 3 Expanded articles
- 4 Initiated
- 5 Translated from German/ Dutch/ French/ Italian/ Spanish
- 6 DYK
- 7 Notes
- 8 Citations
- 9 Sandbox
- 10 Images
- If the accumulated wealth of inventions and generational improvements is considered a human heritage and treated as such, perhaps every person on this earth could have decent housing, food, and basic health care.
- Wikipedia is a part of this human heritage.
- There are human rights and human debts. We do not hear much about the latter: They have been called the primordial debts.
- A patent (copyright?) is "a device that enables one man to claim special financial rewards for being the last link in the complicated social process that produced the invention". Lewis Mumford
- "Corporations are people" - Mitt Romney: - No, they are not.
- They do not go to jail; they do not die but reorganize; they pass on financial penalties to the customer; long-term costs of damage is carried by the taxpayer.
- "Claimed research findings may often simply be accurate measures of the prevailing bias" - John P. A. Ioannidis.
- Justice? – You get justice in the next world, in this world you have the law. - A Frolic of His Own by William Gaddis, or in a paraphrase by Eric Schmidt: The laws are written by lobbyists.
- Apologies to the longsuffering correctors of my typos and misspellings.
- I can be wrong.
- Wikipedia: Caveat lector. Also, there is Wikipediocracy
- Never underestimate the intelligence of the reader.
- Removal of information is censorship.
- Lewis Mumford. Technics & Civilization. Harcourt (1934), University of Chicago Press edition, 2010. p. 142. ISBN 0-226-55027-3.
- Washington Post, August 11, 2011
- John P. A. Ioannidis: Why Most Published Research Findings Are False
- Schmidt quote
Major expansion or removal of stub status
Translated from German/ Dutch/ French/ Italian/ Spanish
The current list is here: User:Ekem/DYK with 109 entries.
25, 50, & 100 DYK
|The 25 DYK Medal for Ekem|
|Congratulations! Here's a medal for you in appreciation of your hardwork in creating, expanding and nominating 25+ articles for DYK. Keep up the good work, Ekem! Need to be quick as you are half way to fifty --Victuallers (talk) 17:23, 15 February 2008 (UTC)|
|The 50 DYK Medal|
|Over 50 articles! Chemicals, translations and the arts.... is there such a thing as a wikimath? Anyway thanks from me and the wiki. Oh and can I tell you that the 100 medal is really nice colour of gold ... Victuallers (talk) 15:27, 1 March 2009 (UTC)|
|The 100 DYK Creation and Expansion Medal|
|Congratulations for reaching the 100 DYK mark! Here's to 100 more. — KV5 • Talk • 00:33, 31 January 2011 (UTC)|
Wikipedia:Special characters µ ° 1 2 3 åÅ µ õØ çÇ ðÐ ® © ß - ¯ þÞ ¶ ? æ Æ § * ´ ± ÷ ¬ ¥ ¡ 1 ¢ ¾ ™ 2 ° £ ª ¼ · º ñ ç ‰ ½ ‡ ± «› » ¿ € (also: €) Template:Cite web
- Link to my Commons site: 
- New York Times article → citation 
- URL, ISBN, PMID → citation 
- Google Books url → citation 
- DOI → citation 
- Template:Cite pmid