From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I am one of several squillion Administrators in the English Wikipedia.
6 February 2004
What do I know, anyway, huh?
- I've been competing in dog agility for 8 years in three different agility organizations. So have my dogs.
- I've been a master composter for about the same amount of time and have allegedly taught hundreds of people how to compost yard waste.
- One of my dogs died in 2003 of hemangiosarcoma.
- I maintain various web sites  off and on, by hacking HTML or whatever other devious means are available to me.
- I read and sometimes write and even less sometimes sell speculative fiction stuff (this makes me a fiction writer) and technical stuff (this makes me a technical writer).
- I've been involved with computers, mostly software, since almost back when they used steam-powered CPUs. Incidentally, my first Mac was a 512K.
- Used to collect rocks. And stamps. And postcards.
- Topics I own many books on or in (Yes! This makes me an authority! Dagnabbit!):
- I'm a pretty good editor; have done it professionally for mumble years. I write badly in email and in my own user pages.
Aslu unaffoctor gef cak siructiun gill bo cak spiarshoot anet cak GurGanglo gur pwucossing pwutwam.
- Name: Elf
- Location: San Jose, CA
This is a short amount of text about me. It's not real text, but approximates how much description might be displayed?...
View my complete profile
- January, 2004: Started working on her Wikipedia addiction.
- February, 2004: Started trying to cut back.
- May 7: Am now #320 on Wikipedia:List of Wikipedians by number of edits. This is not necessarily a good thing.
- July 1: #295. And that's while I'm "trying to cut back".
- Aug 8: #288. My ascent is slowing--excellent.
- Aug 17: #292. Better. Doesn't FEEL like less, but OK.
- Aug 22: #286; up again! Crud. I blame it on mixed-breed dog getting nominated for featured article.
- Sept 21: #271; bad, bad Elf.
- Sept 22: #265. How is that possible? Give it up--I'm doomed.
- Oct 10: #252. I've since been self-blocking for long periods. Perhaps this will help.
- Nov 8: Still #252. Promising. Plus I was gone from 9-14. We shall see...
- Dec 16: #259. This is good. But last couple of days have been bad. Back to wrapping gifts.
- Jan 3, #243. Oh, very, very bad.