This is the user sandbox of Elin921. A user sandbox is a subpage of the user's user page. It serves as a testing spot and page development space for the user and is not an encyclopedia article. Create or edit your own sandbox here.
Writing an article and ready to request its creation?
|This user page may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. No cleanup reason has been specified. Please help improve this user page if you can; the talk page may contain suggestions.|
|Turetsky Choir Art Group|
From left to right: Oleg Blyahorchuk, Evgeny Tulinov, Vyacheslav Fresh, Konstantin Kabo, Mikhail Kuznetsov, Mikhaill Turetsky, Alex Alexandrov, Boris Goryachev, Evgeny Kulmis and Igor Zverev, performing at the Green Theater (Moscow), 2011.
|Genres||Vocal, Crossover, A cappella|
|Years active||1989- present|
|Labels||Turetsky Choir, Nikitin|
|Members||Mikhaill Turetsky, Eugene Tulinov, Mikhail Kuznetsov, Alex Alexandrov, Eugene Kulmis, Boris Goryachev, Oleg Blyahorchuk, Igor Zverev, Konstantin Kabo, Vyacheslav Fresh|
|Past members||Arthur Keish, Valentin Suhodolets|
Turetsky Choir (Russian: Хор Турецкого) (art group) is a musical collective under the direction of Mikhail Turetsky. The basis of the unique concept is a voice. The artists – all of them have got higher music education – sing live in 10 languages, with a-capella orchestra substituting musical instruments by live voices. These ten unusual and beautiful voices make a palette of natural men’s’ timbres from the rare tenor altino, a voice on the boundary between the male and female vocal range, to the lowest voice, the basso profundo.
History of the collective
The Turetsky Choir made its debut in 1990 in the Philharmonic Halls of Tallinn and Kaliningrad. In its formative stages, Turetsky’s Choir was very different from what it is now. It began as a choir at the Moscow Choral Synagogue. In late 80s, Choir of Michael Turetsky was performing Jewish liturgical music. After a few years the collective’s ambitions became bigger than that rather narrow area. Today the band successfully combines opera, spiritual, folk and pop music from different parts of the world and from different time periods.
The Milestones of the History of the Turetsky Choir
- 1989 — Mikhail Turetsky creates and conducts the Moscow Choral Synagogue's
- 1990 — Thanks to the American Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), the Choir made it's official debut at the Moscow Choral Synagogue in 1990 and ever since, has been a vehicle throughout Russia for renewed interest in Jewish heritage. Music which was near extinction since 1917 was able to be heard again and is now a staple throughout Russia's synagogues. The Choir made its first concerts in Kaliningrad, Tallinn, Chisinau, Kiev, Leningrad, Moscow and other cities.
- 1991-1992 — Performances in the USA. The Choir sang in Washington, D.C. for Congress at the Chanukah celebration, the Park East Synagogue in New York, at Carnegie and Merkin Halls. They were invited to sing in Spain at the event, commemorating the 500th year since the Spanish expulsion of the Jews (participation in "Por Me Espiritu" festival together with Placido Domingo, Isaak Stern, Zubin Meta's Orchestra). The event was attended by representatives of Canada, Great Britain, France, Italy, Greece, Morocco and China.
- 1993-1994 — Tours in England, Israel, USA, Poland. In 1993, the American Cantor Association awarded Mikhail Turetsky with the Golden Crown of the Cantors of the World Award. This award has been given to only eight people in the world.
- 1995-1996 — The Choir splits into two parts. One part stays in Moscow, the other goes to Miami, FL to work at the Temple Emmanu-El Synagogue. The "American" soloists become "honored Citizens of Miami. The Choir performs together with Julio Iglesias. The repertoire of the Choir grows, world's most loved songs, folk songs, opera arias, Broadway classics, jazz pieces are added. When the group returned to Moscow in 1996 they caught the attention of Yuri Lujkov, the Mayor of Moscow, who named us Moscow's official Jewish Choir of the government.
- 1997 — The Choir is taking part in Iosif Kobzon's farewell tour of Russia. They give ore then 100 concerts together. "The Turetsky Choir" becomes a State Choir.
- 1998-1999 — The Choir tours the NIS, Spain, Holland, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Australia, and the USA. During the Choir's stay in the US, February 6 is announced the "Day of the Moscow Jewish Choir".
- 2000-2001 — Joint tour with Iosif Kobzon. Performances in Israel, the USA, Australia, Germany, the NIS. The Choir performs on the stage of the Moscow State Variety Theatre.
- 2002 — Mikhail Turetsky recieves the title "Honored Artist of the Russian Federation" for his achievements in art.
- 2002-2003 — Touring the USA and Europe.
- January 2004 — The first solo performance of the "Turetsky Choir Art Group." The Program «The Ten Voices that Overwhelmed the World" brought Mikhail the title of the Man of the Year 2004 in the nomination "Cultural Event of the Year" of the national "The Man of the Year Award."
- December 2004 — The Turetsky Choir presents the program "When Men Are Singing" in the State Kremlin Palace with participation of Emma Chaplin and Gloria Gaynor.
- January 2005 — Performing at the best concert halls of the USA in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Atlantic City, Boston, Chicago.
- 2005-2006 — Turetsky Choir's Anniversary Tour "Born to Sing" in more than 100 cities of Russia and the NIS.
- 2006-2007 — Turetsky Choir tours 70 cities of Russia and the NIS with the program "Music of All Times and Peoples"
- 2007 — Turetsky Choir receives the Russian Music Award "Record 2007" for the best classical album of the year (the Collector's edition of the "Great Music" ), the Choir is recognized for the most socially important charity project the children's charity concert "Be Kind-Hearted Today!". The concert of the group for children at the main platform of the country in the State Kremlin Palace which passed in March the 27-th with support of the Moscow’s Government and the Committee of Culture of the Moscow-city became the bright beginning of the action. More than 5 000 children (gifted and talented children, children from socially unprotected and having many children families, children-invalids) have visited the concert. Turetsky Choir gets a Yearly National "Emotion" Award in the category "Respect" .
- 2007-2008 — "Hallelujah to Love" Tour around Russia and the NIS. The Choir gives a record-breaking number of concerts in Moscow. The «Turetsky Choir» performs 4 times at the Kremlin Palace, and have one additional concert at State Concert Hall "Rossiya" (ru: ГЦКЗ "Россия"), in Luzhniki.
- 2008-2009 — Touring Russia, the NIS, and the US with the new program "And the Show Goes On..."
- 2010-2011 — anniversary tour "20 years: 10 voices"
- 2011 — tour "The beginning" starts.
|Soloist||Started to sing in the choir|
|Mikhail Turetsky — tenor, National Artist of the Russian Federation, founder and the leader of the "Turetsky Choir" Art Group.
Mikhail was born in 1962, in Moscow. He got a degree in «Choir Conducting» from the Gnesins' Academy of Music. After that he had an internship as a symphonic conductor. While studying Mikhail works as a driver, a chorister, and loads trucks at one of the stores, then he conducts the Children's Chapel, the Political Song Ensemble and the choir of the Yuri Sherling theater. Since 1990 he is the organizer, conductor and art-project director (choirmaster) of the male choir of the Moscow Choral Synagogue. Now it is well known as the Choir of Mikhail Turetsky (Turetsky's Choir).
|Alex Alexandrov — dramatic baritone
He is one of the Choir's youngest soloists, however, he is the group's senior. Alex is not only a soloist, he is also an assistant choreographer. Many of the dancing pieces of the concerts were staged with his help. He copies perfectly the voices of other pop stars like Toto Cutugno and Boris Moiseev.
Born in, 1972 in Moscow. He graduated from the Choral Singing College named after Sveshnikov and The Gnesins' Academy of Music.
|Evgeny Kulmis - bass-profondo, director of the choir in the past, poet.
Bass-profundo is a rear natural voice that can't be just compared with an ordinary bass. It acquires very low notes, much lower than in an ordinary bass, this sound is more authentically cantorial.
He was born in the region of the Southern Urals, not far away from the city of Chelyabinsk in 1966. He started his rising in the musical world as a pianist. He graduated from The Gnessins Russian Music Academy, then becoming a postgraduate as a specialist in Musicology (the Department of Music History, Theory, and Composing). Evgeny Kulmis is the author of poems, translations of selected musical compositions, executed by the choir. For example, he wrote the text to the instrument in the original compositions from the repertoire of Electric Light Orchestra - "Twilight".
|Evgeny Tulinov — dramatic tenor, distinguished Artist of the Russian Federation, assistant of art-director. He is professional choir conductor, the possessor of very beautiful opera tenor voice.
Born in 1964, in Moscow. He graduated from the Music College at Moscow Conservatory and from The Gnesins' Academy of Music. As a student of several first years, Eugeny used to sing during the liturgy in the Church of Saint John the Warrior, and to conduct the choir at the Recreation Centre and work in the "Male Chamber Choir" conducted by V. M. Rybin.
|Mikhail Kuznetsov — tenor altino, Distinguished artist of the Russian Federation. Tenor altino is very rare natural voice. He can sing both, male and female arias.
Born in 1962, in Moscow. He graduated from The Gnesins' Academy of Music. Then he sang in the Moscow Chamber Choir conducted by Vladimir Minin and in the Male choir of the publishing department of the "Moscow Patriarchy" magazine.
|Oleg Blyahorchuk, lyric tenor, multi-instrumentalist (he plays the piano, guitar, accordion, melodica).
Was born in 1966 in the city of Minsk in Belarus. He studied at Minsk musical college. At the third year in college Oleg had his own vocal and instrumental group, in which he was the leader, vocalist and keyboardist at the same time. After college, he entered the Minsk State Conservatoire specialty "choral conducting". He worked in the choir of radio and television, where the main conductor was a pupil AV Sveshnikova People's Artist of the USSR VV Rovdo, then as a soloist of the concert orchestra of the republic of Belarus under the leadership of Mikhail Finberg.
|Igor Zverev — bass
Born in 1968, in Moscow Region. He graduated from The Department of Choral Conducting of the Moscow Academy of Arts and Culture. He worked as a professional singer to the Academic Song and Dance Company of the Internal Troops, of the Ministry of the Interior of the Russian Federation, then he switched to the Polyansky's State Academic Symphonic Capella.
|Boris Goryachev — liryc baritone
Born in Moscow, in 1971. He graduated from Moscow Conservatory. He worked in the Men's chamber choir "Akathist" under the management AV Malyutin. The team performed Russian spiritual music, which at that time was interesting and new, in 1995 moved to work to the choir "Peresvet" and at the same time engaged own project - quartet, who performed the spiritual and Russian folk music. In 2003 Boris for the first time met with the art group "Turetsky Choir".
|Konstantin Kabo — baritone tenor
Born in 1974, in Moscow. He graduated from Sveshnikov Musical College and The Russian University of Theatre Arts (GITIS). He sang in musicals "Nord-Ost", "12 chairs", "Romeo and Juliet", "Mama Mia". Simultaneously, he wrote the music, in particular, to the program "The Circus on Ice".
|Vyacheslav Fresh — counter-tenor, this is one of the rarest tone, highest pitch of all male voices, which is equal to female contralto or mezzo-soprano.||2009|
|High Holidays (Jewish religious songs)
|Star Duets (ru:Звёздные дуэты)
|Une vie d’amour (ru:Такая великая любовь)
|When the Men Sing (ru:Когда поют мужчины) (Concert in Haifa, DVD, 2004)
|When the Men Sing (Concert in Moscow, DVD, 2004)
|Born to Sing (ru:Рожденные петь)
|Great Music (2 CD + DVD) (ru:Великая музыка)
Great Music DVD
|Moscow - Jerusalem (ru:Москва-Иерусалим) (2 CD + DVD)
Moscow - Jerusalem CD1
Moscow - Jerusalem CD2
Moscow - Jerusalem DVD
|Music of all times (ru:Музыка всех времен) (CD + 2 DVD)
CD: Music of all time
DVD 1: Music of all times and peoples (The Kremlin - 2006, Live)
DVD2:Hallelujah to Love (ru:Аллилуйя любви) / Kremlin Live DVD - 2008
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Choirs.|
- Official website
- Passport Magazine about Mikhail Turetsky
- RJC-SPONSORED PROJECTS: MOSCOW JEWISH CHAMBER CHOIR
- Article about the choir in "Ogonyok" magazine ru: ТУРЕЦКИЙ НА МАРШЕ