|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
|Released into public domain|
|I agree to release my text and image contributions, unless otherwise stated, into the public domain. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions under public domain terms, please check the multi-licensing guide.|
|— Wikipedian ♂ —|
In my "office" at work.
(Hebrew: אליהו מתתיהו בן צבי )
September 5, 1969 |
Hebrew: כב אלול תשכ"ט
Mount Sinai Hospital, Hartford, Connecticut United States
|Current location||Upper West Side, Manhattan New York, United States|
|Family and friends|
|Marital status||Single & looking for my bashert.|
|Education and employment|
|Occupation||Critical care paramedic|
|Education||A.S. Mechanical Engineering|
|High school||Ellington High School|
|College||Manchester Community College|
|University||University of Connecticut|
|Hobbies, favourites and beliefs|
|Religion||Modern Orthodox Judaism|
My name is Elias Friedman (Hebrew: אליהו מתתיהו בן צבי). I'm a critical care paramedic living in the Upper West Side section of Manhattan in New York City. I moved here at the end of December 2008 from Connecticut.
I got into EMS in 1997 when I started volunteering in Coventry. I got a job at a commercial ambulance service in 1999 when I was laid-off from my previous job as a Pellet mill operator in a feed mill. I got my Associate's degree from Manchester Community College in Mechanical Engineering in 2000 which was also the year I became an EMT-Intermediate. I was working on completing my B.S. in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Connecticut when September 11th made me re-think my priorities. I entered Hartford Hospital's Paramedic program and graduated in April 2004. My precepting was delayed to September due to my father's death that July, and I've had med-control since December 2004. In the first week of September 2008 I was laid off from my job at the Ambulance service of Manchester, but since I was already in the process of getting reciprocity of my paramedic license for New York, it didn't let it upset me too much. In December of 2008 I started to work for SeniorCare EMS which has bases in both the Bronx and in Brooklyn, I quite enjoy working there! In the Summer of 2012 I became a volunteer paramedic member of West Side Hatzolah so I can better help my local community as well.
The second half of my username is derived from my Dalmatian, Pongo, who died in March 2006, just a week shy of his sixteenth birthday.
I really enjoy my working in EMS, my friends have remarked (positively!) that I love to talk about my work. Getting up out of bed to go to work isn't an effort of willpower like it had often been at my previous jobs. My health and stress level are better than they have ever been, of course that's partly attributable to my taking up year-round bicycle commuting the eleven miles to work. I really think that I've found my niche.
I am a member of the Connecticut Chapter of Triangle Fraternity, the Republican Jewish Coalition, the Republican National Committee, and the NAEMT. I am a master Freemason. I am a former member of the ASME
|Wikipedia ads||file info – show another – #31|
- 1 Bio
- 2 Wiki stats
- 3 Things I'm working on
- 4 Community
- 5 Parsha
- 6 Thanks!
- My first (registered) edit diff. Awww, they're all so cute when they're young!
- My 500th edit diff. Just wikignoming around.
- My 1,000th edit diff. Wouldn't you just figure it would have to do with vandalism...
- My 5,000th edit diff. Yeah, a pretty dumb one...
- My 10,000th edit diff. Cleaning up incoming links to disambiguation pages.
Things I'm working on
Feel free to help out on any of these items!
- Bulkeley Bridge
- Captain John Bissell Memorial Bridge
- Congregation Knesseth Israel— I can't do too much more here because I have a conflict of interest, but I hope that others will help out.
- Dexter Coffin Bridge
- Ellington Airport (Connecticut)
- Ellington, Connecticut
- Ellington High School
- Etiquette in Latin America, orphaned references etc from unfixed deletions of citations.
- Hartford, Connecticut
- History of Connecticut industry
- List of beaches in New England
- List of Lieutenant Governors of Connecticut
- List of U.S. state songs
- Manchester, Connecticut
- Manchester Road Race
- Neighborhoods of Hartford, Connecticut
- Nullification— Dab page that needs cleanup per MoS:DAB and has a whole article on its talk page that should go somewhere, if it hasn't already.
- Park River (Connecticut)
- Sean Sullivan
- The Shoppes at Buckland Hills
- Thomas Joseph Meskill
- WikiProject Connecticut— lots of work to do here!
Pages yet to be created
- Write up report on Lord & Taylor vandal for WP:LTA
- Create navigation template for Investment banks
- Free subscriptions to high-quality paywalled journals, newspaper archives, and online reference works are available for Wikipedia editors. For more information, see Wikipedia:TWL/Journals"
Projects seeking help
Also consider posting WikiProject, Task Force, and Collaboration news at the Signpost's WikiProject Report page.
- The Africa Destubathon is being held from October 15 - November 27 2016. Substantial prizes have been proposed, with a prize for improving the most stubs for every African country. It needs contributors to improve the diversity of content from geography and wildlife to women biographies across the African continent. Sign up if interested!
WikiProjects and Task Forces
- The Tip of The Day department is looking for tricks and techniques. If you have a special way of doing things, please stop by and share.
- New outlines
- Being overhauled or expanded
- Nearing completion (need remainder of annotations added)
- Outlines in need of attention
- Need link placement
The following portals are in need of attention/upkeep:
|Portal:Fergie (singer)||Newly created|
|Portal:Donald Trump||Newly created|
|Portal:A. R. Rahman||Newly created|
|Portal:Shreya Ghoshal||Newly created|
|Portal:Virginia Woolf||Newly created|
|Portal:Machine learning||Newly created|
|Portal:Space||The selected article excerpts were copied and pasted between 2006 and 2009. The leads of the corresponding articles have greatly improved since then.|
|Portal:Thinking||"Selected" sections need new material. Been the same for years.|
The following portals have interesting design features that you may find useful:
|Portal:South East England||A "parent" portal that uses selected content from several "child" portals, chosen at random for each type of content.|
|Portal:Philosophy||Automatically cycles through 52 "Selected philosophers", one per week, year after year.|
|Portal:Arts||Uses random generators to display random featured status selections.|
Discussions and collaborations
Discussions in the following areas have requested wider attention via Requests for comment:
- Economy and trade
- History and geography
- Language and linguistics
- Media, the arts, and architecture
- Politics, government, and law
- Religion and philosophy
- Science and mathematics
- Society, sports, and culture
- Wikipedia policies and guidelines
- Wikipedia style and naming
- WikiProjects and collaborations
- Wikipedia technical issues and templates
- Wikipedia proposals
Wikimedia community portals
|Here is a list of the main community pages of Wikipedia's sister projects.
All of these projects are multilingual and open-content.
|Meta-Wiki –||Coordination of all Wikimedia projects.|
|Wiktionary –||A collaborative multilingual dictionary.|
|Wikinews –||News stories written by readers.|
|Wikibooks –||A collection of collaborative non-fiction books.|
|Wikiquote –||A compendium of referenced quotations.|
|Wikisource –||A repository for free source texts.|
|Wikispecies –||A directory of species.|
|Wikiversity –||Where teachers learn, and learners teach.|
|Wikivoyage –||A world-wide travel guide.|
|Wikidata –||A free knowledge base that can be read and
edited by humans and machines alike.
|Commons –||Repository for free images and other media files.|
For a listing of ongoing discussions, see the dashboard.