I am a botanical librarian in NYC. I manage my library's public services which means that I answer lots of questions about history and science and also help people find lots and lots of information about the plant kingdom.
I like creating articles about botanists and am especially interested in highlighting the work of living female scientists.
Conflict of Interest Statement
I will not make any edits that would not be beneficial to the goals of Wikipedia. I will modify my editing behavior based on problems cited by other editors or if my editing conflicts with other Wikipedia guidelines. I ask that other editors do not hesitate to contact me, via my user talk page, if I appear to be going against this declaration. -Emjackson42 (talk) 13:12, 6 July 2017 (UTC)
I am currently trying to create articles for the living scientists who were featured for this event: Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/NYBG January2017. I have drafted the articles for Memory Elvin-Lewis, Lisa M. Campbell, and Barbara Ertter and am waiting for them to review the content before publishing their articles. After doing research on his life, I also intend to expand the stub for Myanmar botanist Chit Ko Ko and would like to create a page for Gary Lincoff.
- The first article I created is the biographical article for Daniel E. Atha. I created this article in June of 2016 for the Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/NYBG_June2016 at the New York Botanical Garden.
- The second article I created is the biographical article for Sydel Silverman. I created this article in November of 2016 during the Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/WomenSciWiki2016 focused on Women in Science at the New York Academy of Science.
- The third article I created is the biographical article for Ina Vandebroek. Vandebroek was one of the scientists who provided me with information about herself for an editathon I hosted (Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/NYBG January2017).
- The fourth article I created is the biographical article for Howard Samuel Irwin. I wrote this article because he was the only past president of NYBG without an article.
- The fifth article I created is the biographical article for living scientist Charlotte M. Taylor.
- I made significant edits to the article for John Bell Hatcher.
- I added a detailed table about List of Herbaria in New York State and added it to the article List of herbaria in North America. The table was created with data from the Index Herbariorum.
- I added a list of all known historic photographers to the New York Botanical Garden article which is maybe interesting to the rest of the world and maybe not. (As of 9/24/2018 this has been removed from the article, so I guess it was only interesting to me!)
- I added a list of all Chief Editors to the Torrey Botanical Society page.