I am glad to be a Wikipedian and contribute to this fabulous global educational tool.
My degrees are in the Earth & Space Sciences, Environmental Studies, and Geochemistry & Mineralogy.
Fortunately, I have been able to put all of these degrees to good use in various careers over several decades:
- As a materials scientist, I worked on semiconductor materials for solid state lasers and published peer-reviewed articles in the Journal of Crystal Growth and in the Journal of Electronic Materials.
- As an environmental consultant, I managed the remediation of hundreds of thousands of tons of contaminated and hazardous soil (as well as groundwater) at dozens of sites for over 15 years.
- As a journalist/editor, I published over 100 articles about minerals, mining, metals, and environmental management in Engineering & Mining Journal, EBJ's Environmental Consulting Manager, and on Internet sites.
- Over the past 19 years, I have written extensively about copper. This work has been published in white papers, Internet and magazine articles, news synopses, and on Wikipedia.
For fun, I enjoy volunteering at a large urban park and playing various sports and music.
|You certainly deserve this award, for the very high quality new article Copper in health that you created and the other fine copper-related articles that you have already contributed! You are a great asset to the encyclopedia. Invertzoo (talk) 13:15, 21 October 2010 (UTC)|
Wow! Nice new article! I was very impressed with the Copper in architecture article! Well done! Invertzoo (talk) 01:45, 27 November 2012 (UTC)
- Antimicrobial properties of copper
- Antimicrobial copper alloy touch surfaces
- Copper alloys in aquaculture
- Copper in health
- Copper wire and cable
- Copper in architecture
- Copper in renewable energy
- Copper in heat exchangers
- Copper MicroGroove
Copper in energy-efficient motors: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Enviromet/Copper_in_energy-efficient_motors
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Elements - includes a Periodic table with article quality ratings
Page count statistics: