|Search user languages|
Welcome! If you would like to know something about me, check out my biography. Otherwise, peruse my interests and contributions. If you would like to know what I think about various Wikipedia topics, please check out my rants and essays page.
You know its time for a Wikibreak when... you start having nightmares about unsourced statements, bad prose, and questionable licenses on images used in articles. I'll fix it, I swear.
- 1 Interesting info
- 2 Places with amusing names
- 3 Created content
- 4 Contributed content
- 5 Good Article reviews
- 6 Barnstars
- 7 Photo galleries
- 8 Useful links and tools
- Axeman of New Orleans — Who knew jazz music has saved lives? But you gotta love those who actually invited him over.
- American Drug War: The Last White Hope — If you've never heard of Gary Webb or Ricky Ross then you absolutely have to see this documentary.
- Vacuum state — Just try to wrap your head around this one.
- Operation Northwoods — This one makes you wonder about a few things.
- 1RXS_J160929.1−210524 — The title speaks for itself doesn't it?
- Homunculus — A perfectly formed miniature human?
- Barreleye — A strange fish with a transparent head.
- Ichthyostega — The inspiration for the symbol of rational thinkers everywhere, the Darwin fish may have been your ancestor.
- Great Pacific Garbage Patch — The problem with plastic.
- Chariots of the Gods? — People believe strange things, but it makes for great entertainment.
- Magical negro — Steven King's obsession with spiritual black characters.
- Catullus 16 — An obscenity-laden poem you might read on a bathroom wall, but it was written a long damn time ago.
- Archaeopteryx — The transitional fossil between dinosaurs and birds, who knew dinosaurs were fluttering over our heads?
- Irrumatio — You just have to read this one.
- Zorbing — People rolling down hills in giant inflated balls.
- Sutton Hoo — Anglo-saxon burial grounds.
- Phosphene — That strange pattern you see when you rub your eyes.
- Mickey Slim — A refreshing cocktail made with a splash of gin and... a pinch of DDT?
Places with amusing names
Feel free to add any if you know of one for which an article exists.
- Bald Knob, AR
- Toad Suck, AR
- Lizard Lick, NC
- Big Bone Lick State Park, KY
- Beaverlick, KY
- French Lick, IN
- Licking County, Ohio
- Intercourse, PA
- Climax, GA
- Twin Peaks, CA
- Smackover, AR
- Biggers, AR
- Yazoo City, MS
- Chunky, MS
- Hot Coffee, MS
- Eclectic, AL
- Gu-Win, AL
- Choccolocco, AL
- Winooski, VT
- Sopchoppy, FL
- Knockemstiff, Ohio
You really don't want to live here
- Trucking industry in the United States — This article could reach epic proportions, as it is constantly being split into smaller and more specific articles.
- Old Tjikko — More research on the subject is needed before this article can move up the quality scale.
- History of the trucking industry in the United States
- Trucking industry in popular culture (United States)
- Dinosaur Diamond Scenic Byway — Failed GA. Too much road facts, not enough discussion of the geologic history of the area.
- Glossary of trucking industry terms in the United States — Failed FL. Introduction too short, no history of terms.
- Motor carrier safety rating
- Jurupa Oak
- Colorado State Highway 64
- Electronic on-board recorder
- American Trucking Associations — Now C-class.
- Owner-Operator Independent Driver Association
- Circle of Iron
- National Network
- Template:Trucking industry in the United States
- Template:Sexual ethics
- Template:Visual phenomena
- Template:User WPPC
- Template:WikiProject Popular Culture
- Template:The Popular Culture Barnstar
Massive edits (100+)
Major edits (10–100)
- Siamese Fighting Fish
- List of oldest trees
List of Kolkata factsdeleted
- Truck driver
- Transportation in the United States
- Reginald Denny incident
- SMS language
- Salvia divinorum
- Formation and evolution of the Solar System
- BP Pedestrian Bridge
Good Article reviews
Articles which I have reviewed and passed at Good Article nominations, from newest to oldest. This list does not include those I have failed, but does include those I have reviewed as part of Wikipedia:WikiProject Good articles/Project quality task force/Sweeps.
- Orion Nebula
- Salvia divinorum
- Andromeda Galaxy
- Ford BA Falcon
- Mitsubishi i
- Interstate 295 (Delaware-New Jersey)
- United States Numbered Highways
- Interstate 95 in Pennsylvania
- U.S. Route 50
- Interstate 476
- Punctuated equilibrium
- Hawaii hotspot
- Sinsen (station)
- Synthetic diamond — Now FA and TFA.
- Forskningsparken (station)
- Storo (station)
- Case of the Hooded Man
- Nevada State Route 375
- U.S. Route 13 in Maryland
- Washington State Route 31
- New York State Route 217
- State Route 314 (New York – Vermont)
- New York State Route 293
- Maryland Route 33
- Maryland Route 285
- Maryland Route 404
- New York State Route 393
- M-32 (Michigan highway)
- Barryville–Shohola Bridge
- BP Pedestrian Bridge — Now FA and TFA.
- McDonald's Cycle Center — Now FA.
GAs I'm currently in the process of reviewing, or have placed on hold.
- None currently.
|The Truck Driving/Tobacco Smoking/Arkansas Residing/Atheist/Liberal/Getting Hours of Service to FA Barnstar|
|Sure, lots of people have one of those ordinary passe barnstar's on their userpage, but how many can claim this =-). Congratulations on your featured article, you deserve it. Dave (talk) 05:03, 21 May 2008 (UTC)|
|The WikiProject U.S. Roads Contributor Barnstar|
|U.S. Route 50 in Nevada passed FAC, thank you for the review and copyedits. It would not have passed without them.Dave (talk) 21:31, 30 March 2009 (UTC)|
|The WikiProject U.S. Roads Contributor Barnstar|
|Thanks for your help in getting Interstate 70 in Colorado to Featured Article status. Dave (talk) 01:59, 11 October 2009 (UTC))|
On behalf of Wikiproject Good Articles, I would like to express our gratitude to you for your contributions to the Sweeps process, for which you completed 23 reviews. Completion of this monstrous task has proven to be a significant accomplishment not only for our project, but for Wikipedia. As a token of our sincere appreciation, please accept this ribbon. Lara 14:20, 27 March 2010 (UTC)
Check out my photo galleries over on the Commons.
- Oahu photos
- Waikiki Aquarium
- Honolulu Zoo
- U.S. state welcome signs
- Trucking Industry in the United States
- Interstate 70 in Colorado
- Interstate 70 in Utah
Inside one of the many semi-trailer trucks I have driven.
My late fish, a Betta splendens.
The western end of Interstate 70.
Aerial view of the Dole Food Company pineapple maze, the largest maze in the world.
Cannibal fork at the Bernice P. Bishop Museum.
Wyoming state welcome sign, as seen along Interstate 80.
U.S. Route 54 in New Mexico.
Images were stitched using ArcSoft Panorama Maker.
- Summary of my contributions
- Article readability and word counter
- Disambig link finder
- Contributors list
- Check links
- Reflinks fixer
- TinEye reverse image search
- Traffic stats
- Internet Wayback Machine
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at