My real name is Erich Schulz. I am a registered medical practitioner and specialist anaesthetist in the state of Queensland. Before you start chatting to me in German, I should tell you that my father's father was the Australian born son of two emmigrants from Pomerania in about 1895. I am named after my grandfather. My German is just adequate to order beer.
My wikicontributions are extremely sporadic, but I lurk still and may be drawn in from time to time. I love Wikipedia, even though though lately whenever I attempt to add a page some anonymous person (of unknown age or background) with admin privileges seems to want to delete it!
How I got here
A colleague sent me to Wikipedia when I asked for information on isomers. At the time I was supposed to be studying for a big postgraduate exam. Despite acute Wiki-addiction I passed on Monday 29 March, 2004. A bit of a surprise as I was very nervous about it and procrastinated a lot!!
- I have a degree in Medicine from UQ, FANZCA and also an MBA from QUT.
- I have a long interest in knowledge engineering including publication in peer-reviewed journals ( ), and a few others...
- I am congenitally good with computers (but a congenitally bad speller), being very proficient with SQL and, having just started, reasonably good at PHP - see my website if you don't believe me ;-)
- I enjoy my work as an anaesthetist (= 'anesthesiologist' in AE) in my spare time.
- In my other lives, i've spent a few years as a Medical Administrator before I recovered my senses and returned to a job that was fun. I spent a fair amount of time on HR issues and complaint management. Medical Admin is not fun and I didn't like it at all. I don't think I was much good at it either (toooo blunt). God bless user:Ratgurl for encouraging me to quit.
- Many many years ago (well the late 1980's to be precise, god I'm old) I used to have a private pilot's licence (Cessna's mainly)
- I used to SCUBA dive too once, but (I think I'm getting too wheezy now)
- I live in Brisbane, Australia, with my wonderful wife and
twothree lovely children.
- We also share our house with a
couple of pet rats and five eleven twoone chook sand two guinea pigs.
- Our house is over-run with possums and scrub turkeys.
I personally strive for
- objectivity, clarity, brevity and coherence
- honesty, kindness, tolerance and understanding
I'd like gasboys to evolve into an online educational facility aimed primarily at anaesthetic (anesthesiology for you Americans!) trainees. I'm seeking to create what could be called a 'wikiMCQ' database. I have my own set of about 4000 questions I used to study for the above exam which I'll use as a seed... If you're interested drop by my living room and leave me a note!
These pages are very patchy...
- drugs are old and many have a 'narcotic'/abuse emphasis
- most new drugs aren't there!
- gizzmos' are missing
Must look up
I agree to multi-licence all my contributions, with the exception of my user pages, as described below:
|Multi-licensed with the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License versions 1.0 and 2.0|
|I agree to multi-license my text contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license version 1.0 and version 2.0. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions under the Creative Commons terms, please check the CC dual-license and Multi-licensing guides.|